Savage X 4.6 Throttle/ Brake Servo Horn Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gutshot

Ok... so diving deeper on my lightly used X I took apart the T/B horn and I'm not sure of the reassembly sequence. That's the first problem. My second problem is the existing T/B horn is marked 23 (AirTronic) and I want to move to a Hitec (24) or perhaps Savox (25) servo and I cannot seem to find replacement horns anywhere on the net. Appreciate the assist in advance

Thanks again sir... What is the best /easiest upgrade? The OFNA mod?

Yep. The ofna sliders are hard to come by these days but there are alternatives. Go on ebay and just search for throttle linkage lol. Theres a ton of options and you can just get creative

Yeah, something like this has the sliders/collars you need:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-NITRO-LINKAGE-OFNA-BRAKE-THROTTLE-98-30800-NEW/323781501209

But you will still need the longer wires that come with yours.

This was on an old savage I had:
2008-1030-SavageThrottleLinkage.jpg

On my current X, I didn't have plastic sliders and used the traxxas metal ones, which I don't particularly care for:
2016-0603-SavageX-ThrottleLinkage.jpg

Why did you have that exhaust spring fitted on your b/t linkage olds97_Iss May I ask?
I didn't have a good one that would wrap around the carb neck and connect to the HSN, so I put one on the arm at least to put positive pressure on it when it was at idle vs setting the spring on the servo end so tight that it made the servo hum all the time. The servo was plenty strong to overcome it, but if I lost power, this would at least be better than nothing. It just wouldn't help if the ball end popped off the carb.

Latest posts

Members online

Back