SAVAGE X 4.6 RTR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DatGuyAsh

Hey all.
New to the nitro rc cars I currently have a HPI Racing Firestorm 10t had it 3 weeks this Wednesday and wanting an upgrade to SAVAGE X 4.6 RTR. - http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=109083

Is it worth buying for the price? I also see it says in the description of the SAVAGE X 4.6 RTR t says the tyres are for all terrain. Is that correct? :)

If there's anything I need to know before buying the SAVAGE X 4.6 RTR please note them. :)
Since I only have a firestorm 10t HPI Racing it's an easy car to start is the SAVAGE X 4.6 RTR the same even though tuning can be a pain for a newbie. :)

Thanks.

Welcome to the site Datguyash!

The Savage is a very fun vehicle, and would be very different from your Firestorm. The Savage is pretty much a jumper and a basher. They can be made to be fairly nimble, but not nearly as much as your Firestorm. However, the Savage will likely take a beating better.

The stock tires are certainly all terrain. Though as they say, good at everything but great at nothing. You'll find an array of on road and off road tires that perform much better at their field of use in the after market.

As for starting, as long as you do a good break in process, you will likely find that nitro vehicles tend to act very similarly. So if you have had an easy time with your Firestorm, then you will likely do well with the Savage.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions. We always like to see another hobbyist enjoy the Savage.

Welcome to the site Datguyash!

The Savage is a very fun vehicle, and would be very different from your Firestorm. The Savage is pretty much a jumper and a basher. They can be made to be fairly nimble, but not nearly as much as your Firestorm. However, the Savage will likely take a beating better.

The stock tires are certainly all terrain. Though as they say, good at everything but great at nothing. You'll find an array of on road and off road tires that perform much better at their field of use in the after market.

As for starting, as long as you do a good break in process, you will likely find that nitro vehicles tend to act very similarly. So if you have had an easy time with your Firestorm, then you will likely do well with the Savage.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions. We always like to see another hobbyist enjoy the Savage.

Thanks for the reply. :)
1. 4 wheel drive will it rip threw most terrain? such as short/medium grass, short/thick mud.
2. Do the parts for the Savage cost more than Firestorm 10t?
3. Does the nitro start/electric what ever it's called come with the car?
4. Is the nitro start electric for priming? I see it has a glow plug as well right?
5. I've had a lot of problems with my firestorm 10t with parts coming loose/falling off etc is it the same on the savage also?

Thanks! :D

1. I've never had an issues with traction on my savage. :)
2. There is alot more to the Savage than the Firestorm. And yes, they can certainly cost more.
3. Yes, the Roto-Start system comes with the Savage
4. The Roto-Start spins the crank shaft. The pressure built as the head nears top dead center, along with the glow plug lighting, causes ignition.
5. The first thing you should do with any and all RCs is put thread locker on all screws going into metal. It is very common for them to rattle out if not done.

It's always nice if you can have a hobby shop near you that you have a good relationship with. That way they can help with issues or warranty information.

On the other hand, it's always great to save money. This site can also help you figure out any issues that you have.

It's always nice if you can have a hobby shop near you that you have a good relationship with. That way they can help with issues or warranty information.

On the other hand, it's always great to save money. This site can also help you figure out any issues that you have.

True. Have you ever ordered from modelsport UK are they any good with deliverys etc?
Might have to think about it because £60 is a big saving and can be saved for parts, fuel etc.

No, I haven't. I'm in the USA. The shipping costs would be awful......haha.

Haha! I feel stupid though because I've only just bought my firestorm 10t brand new 3 weeks this Wednesday.
Wish I bought Savage instead now. :p

Naw, very different vehicles. I think you'll have fun with both, but in different ways. You just started what will likely build to be a very large and amusing RC collection. It's an addiction for many of us, you'll fit right in.

Also forgot to mention does the Savage have a common fault/problem with clutches going on them?
I've replaced around 4 clutch springs in the past 2 days haha.

no, Ive gotten a little over a gallon of life out of the stock clutch shoes. and the only reason I had to replace them was because they were worn out.

u can get much more life out of aluminum shoes. but they are a little more money then the stock Teflon.

And welcome the hpisf.

That is a decent price. I paid $450, which is a good value for such a nice package. I think you will be happy.

Welcome to the forum!! You will definitely enjoy the savage. I used to think that I will only use on road RC's till I tried my friends savage. In a span of almost 2 months I now have 2 savages and planning on getting my third one. This is s very addictive hobby.

Members online

Back