savage x 4.6 randomly locked up and wasn't responsive, do i need a new radio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

my hpi savage x 4,6 was parked for 2 years and the last time i drove it, it ran completely fine. All the servos and the remote and reciever were all working good and responsive. After 2 years I just got it running again and I made sure to charge all the batteries and check the voltages and everytbing is in check. The first day I drove it I noticed it would sometimes turn by itself and kinda drive like it had a mind of its own. Which was obviously not normal and also the brakes sucked. I then changed the servo for throttle and brake and that seemed to fix the problem. However today I went to take it for a spin and it drove fine and was responsive most of the time but then sometimes it would kinda swerve by itself and kinda steer by itself which was odd. And then the worst part of the day happened. I was turning the savage around to come back towards me and it completely locked up and the brake and or steering didn’t work and it crashed into the wall and now I broke my control arm and other front side suspension and steering components. Any idea on what seems to be the problem? I assume it has to do with soemthing about the remote and or recieved. It’s the original remote and reciever I got for the savage when i first got the truck in around 2010 ish. I assume I probably need a new radio and reciever etc? But looking for input When I test the servos and everything in my garage, it works fine and everything is responsive however when I get outside it starts acting up. Maybe it’s an interference issue? Thanks!

What radio your using? check the antenna on the receiver, make sure its not broken of cut anywhere.

Latest posts

Members online

Back