savage weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obbi13

Hello guys,

I just finished building my savvy but I noticed it heavier than before it was a stocker. I have done some serious modification and added the LST2 shocks with yellow springs. Right now it weights 14.3 pounds. If anybody out there knows how much a stock savage X 4.6 RTR weights just let me know.

I basically did the mid-tank mod from the Judge (great work man). Some of the pieces that I have put on my rebuild:

-FLM ext lcg chassis
-FLM motor plate with braces
-FLM motor mount
-FLM servo plate
-2 sets of servo mounts
-LTS2 shocks with yellow springs and 40wt oil
-IRC-LST conversion kit
-DS1015 servo for steering
-DX3S telemetry system
-Nova cooling head
-Steering mod + bearings
-Integy rear hub carriers
-Integy front hub carriers
-Ofna linkage mod
-Blast wheels with goliath tires
-Buku pipe exhaust

I think that's all for the 14.3 pounds.

Adding the weight does not supprise me. The FLM Ext LCG TVP's are atleast double the weight of the stock TVP's and the LST2 shocks are much heavier than the stockers. However, you have gained a much better ride with the LST2 shocks and much better handling with the Ext LCG chassis.

Looks like you have a great build there. So go post some pictures of it.

i believe the savage is about 11-12 pounds stock if i remember correctly, but yes the lst shocks add weight but man you have to admit they look and perform nice........

Adding the weight does not supprise me. The FLM Ext LCG TVP's are atleast double the weight of the stock TVP's and the LST2 shocks are much heavier than the stockers. However, you have gained a much better ride with the LST2 shocks and much better handling with the Ext LCG chassis.

Looks like you have a great build there. So go post some pictures of it.

Here are some pictures from the build

100_2408.jpg

100_2404.jpg

100_2373.jpg

100_2397.jpg

100_2405.jpg

100_2406.jpg

Very nice looking truck man. Your 14.3#'s still seems heavy. My Savage Basher with PRC Ext LCG TVPs, FLM Motor plate, LST2 Full aluminum shocks w/inst. kit, and my PRC125 OFNA 250cc mid tank full of fuel, with my 1/2" offset Maximizer Beadlocks wrapped in Zombie-maxx tires with 3 speed Trans is only 12.9#'s remember thats with a full 250cc fuel tank and body.

Very nice looking truck man. Your 14.3#'s still seems heavy. My Savage Basher with PRC Ext LCG TVPs, FLM Motor plate, LST2 Full aluminum shocks w/inst. kit, and my PRC125 OFNA 250cc mid tank full of fuel, with my 1/2" offset Maximizer Beadlocks wrapped in Zombie-maxx tires with 3 speed Trans is only 12.9#'s remember thats with a full 250cc fuel tank and body.

Thanks for the info Lars. I must have something heavier than anybody else. I don't have the 3-speed tranny and my fuel tank is 150cc.

Man, I keep looking at your pictures. I love your build it looks so sweet. You did a great job on your MT setup and I love the way and how clean your OFNA Throttle mod is.

For being heavier than mine. All you have really different is the FLM over my CF, You run the Integy alum. knuckles in front, you have the 4mm LST install kit, a nova head and I'm sure the Buku is heavier than my 086, you also have a wheelie bar which I don't have installed.

Man, I keep looking at your pictures. I love your build it looks so sweet. You did a great job on your MT setup and I love the way and how clean your OFNA Throttle mod is.

For being heavier than mine. All you have really different is the FLM over my CF, You run the Integy alum. knuckles in front, you have the 4mm LST install kit, a nova head and I'm sure the Buku is heavier than my 086, you also have a wheelie bar which I don't have installed.

Thanks for kind words Lars, I'm glad you like the ofna mod! I would like to put my savvy on diet. I can remove the willie bar, but for the rest I think that I can't do much to shave off some weight. Suggestions are welcomed!

Well guys,

The final numbers are in. Officially my Savage is 16 pounds/7.26Kg. And I removed the wheely bar thinking that might shave off some, how naive I am.
Here are some pics of it.

Heavy_sav_no_lid.jpg

Heavy_sav_w_lid.jpg

all the integy parts, buku pipe, cooling head also add weight...
the biggest difference in weight with the LST kit isnt the actual shocks, its the adapter kit, at least in the 5mm kit like i got, it definetly wasnt too light..

that roll cage or whatever you want to call it is wickeddd though. sign me up for one:p

Latest posts

Members online

Back