SAVAGE vs T- MAX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks guys. but no i didnt take any screws out oh his truck.lol.. it snaped on the intersection triple jump that jump is huge when you see it in real life i know it dosnt look like it but thats a 30' gap and he just came down wrong. but i have also came down wrong on it and never broke my savy..lol ill keep you posted on the outcome of the max

Its funny, I paid for my savage, my 5b, and most of my mods, by working on trucks for my lhs ( he had to many to handle) and in all that time I never worked on a savage, I did, however, get to know the T-MAXX inside and out, and, the lhs sold more savages. Maybe my maths off but that says a few things about either the products, engineering or quality control, anyway its why I own a savage. When he gets tired of wrenching to repair rather than mod he will end up with a savage.

well by reading the thread the truck is less then 4 days old... no way that mill is close to run in. I would expect a run in mill to pwn a mill that has not got a gall threw it yet. A stock Xss can kill a revo if you can drive. the truck is only a small part of it.. Noting on that track looks big enough to break even a T-max. What do you mean by tame it ?

i don't know about to tuff to tame! everyone else feels that way. i guess their refering to the design and the fact its not your normal race track with the perfect scaled jumps and such! i see their point but i love running on it. its wicked and i cant ask for much more for my back yard..

just a update the new mill came in. and we found that the t-max also destroyed the engine mount not a big deal but just funny as hell to me. it was in 3 peices..lol..lol..lol..lol:turtle:

got some pics of the motor mount & mill so ya could peep it out yourself. the mount was only in two peices sorry thought it was in three. if you look close in pic 2 you can see the mill cracked all the way through

09-822_TimsEngine001.jpg

09-822_TimsEngine003.jpg

OK I'm not even joking!! the t-max showed up to day! started once! did 1 lap! then stalled! when we tried to fire it back up it was locked up??? i had no clue. ive never had a easy start. so another run to the LHS for the t-max! come to find out my friend "Tim" who had not been listening to me about the Break in Process had failed to lean the the thing out.. so a little leaner and it fired right up.. maybe we can finally get some vids now..

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a T-maxx and everytime i took it out it broke something. I got feed up and sold everything I had tools parts ect for $100.00 Now I have a savage and I beat the hell out of it the local bmx track and it never lets me down.

well we ran this weekend! i won 3 out of five do to unexpected troubles on the two i lost but no vids my camera was out of batteries..but i will try to get some this weekend...th e t-max is stronger and heavier than ever..lol

lol..I seem to remember discussing this subject in past threads.

If memory serves me correctly, your gonna need a good sense of humor if you talk about driving a T-Max on this site....

I will say that a good driver with a stock Revo has a good chance with stock Sav. (At least on that track vid you posted)

I preffer the ol' HEAD ON collision test, myself,...he-he.
That sepperates trucks from the mesquitos in a very obvious way.

(Love your track, by the way)
It must be nice.

lol..I seem to remember discussing this subject in past threads.

If memory serves me correctly, your gonna need a good sense of humor if you talk about driving a T-Max on this site....

I will say that a good driver with a stock Revo has a good chance with stock Sav. (At least on that track vid you posted)

I preffer the ol' HEAD ON collision test, myself,...he-he.
That sepperates trucks from the mesquitos in a very obvious way.

(Love your track, by the way)
It must be nice.

thanks! the track is awesome. i just started it this year. it has even went through changes science that vid, i have added a whole other section to it plus redid many of the jumps. one of theis days it will be just as i want it! "SWEET":punkrock::punkrock::punkrock:

here is another vid for ya its still with his revo sorry ill get more recent vids with his t-max soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Fn2I6YrVM

Yeah...
Way cool track. Is that your property?
If so, I'll be right over.

Keep up the cool vids Nitromite and go four wheel drive if your not already.

That should help on controlling the landings.
So where's this track at?lol

Yeah...
Way cool track. Is that your property?
If so, I'll be right over.

Keep up the cool vids Nitromite and go four wheel drive if your not already.

That should help on controlling the landings.
So where's this track at?lol

yes its my home in Pataskala Ohio! and you are more than welcome to come over and run! everyone is! just send me a PM. in most cases everyone is too far away to stop by, but ascender is a friend i met on here! he brings his flux over all the time, and has helped me with the track. here he is in this vid + this shows the added section of the track their is no jumps on it yet but will be soon!

on another note i have two bran new diffs in the mail as of yesterday! so ill be getting my 4-wheel on!!!yea!!

OK...
Your making me jelous now.lol
I'd love to visit but I'm in Calif.
If I ever find my way into Ohio, you'll have to rent a room to me for sure.

Diffs on the way, huh? way to go bud.
Keep posting your progess with the track with vids. They look great.

I'm kinda supprised that your not getting more response from the gang here over the cool track.....
Must be T-Maxaphobes...he he.
The'll get over it. Just set some big air jumps. Carnage creates a controversy.

OK...

I'm kinda supprised that your not getting more response from the gang here over the cool track.....

OK...

thanks! if you ever make it this way let me know!
i actually have a thread i started " Ohio my vids/pics" got some comments but then it died off alot of people don't think its a track, but it is! its a "BASHER TRACK" and ya i have the lx diffs but need to get somemore parts to make it work so that will happen next month when i get paid.
on another note you can subcribe to my youyube account to see more of the track. and here is a link to the ohio thread (to bad you live in cali)
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11838

mynitro073.jpg

mynitro074.jpg

mynitro078.jpg

mynitro080.jpg

mynitro081.jpg

mynitro082.jpg

mynitro083.jpg

mynitro084.jpg

mynitro087.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/VNCBEARING/mynitro088.jpg[/IMG

well crash your theory stinks the t-crap got whooped ..lol..here you go savage all the way!!!

and ya when the max dies it is the motor mount...again!!!!!!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOYEv8xhXYA[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AOIGfbiztA[/url]:hitit::ban6::damn::thinking:

nice vids... the savy sounds a tad lean to me but maybe its just the pipe making the raspy noise... anyways nice vids...how long has the tmax had the summit tires on it? ...keep on bashn on.....

if you are talking about the wheels in the pic i think they came w/it. that pic was when it was new. in the race he was running disc style rims w/boties..

if you noticed that was not my savage in either race.. i decited to step it up.. my truck has been in two wheel drive and my old lady's .25 was fine w/no motor... so a quick shock mod and my axial .28 in her truck and i was back in 4-wheel drive. plus i just kept the stock rims and tires on it, i figured i would have changed them after acouple laps but they were hooking up great so i went with them...

so that was the first time i have driven that savage since i bought it off e-bay....must suck to have your $600.00 plus T-MAX spanked by a $150.00 used SAVAGE....lol...

thanks scott i was pumped up @ the end of that race! it felt good to have 4-wheel drive, cant wait to get it back in my 21..

if you are talking about the wheels in the pic i think they came w/it. that pic was when it was new. in the race he was running disc style rims w/boties..

if you noticed that was not my savage in either race.. i decited to step it up.. my truck has been in two wheel drive and my old lady's .25 was fine w/no motor... so a quick shock mod and my axial .28 in her truck and i was back in 4-wheel drive. plus i just kept the stock rims and tires on it, i figured i would have changed them after acouple laps but they were hooking up great so i went with them...

so that was the first time i have driven that savage since i bought it off e-bay....must suck to have your $600.00 plus T-MAX spanked by a $150.00 used SAVAGE....lol...

yeah i was talking about the summit tires i was thinking of getting them myself once i thought they lookd grippy.. but feolt sofy when i seen um in person .. so just was wondering how they held up is all...

Latest posts

Members online

Back