Savage steering problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So... I recently ran my truck with no issues. The next day I run it and I see that it took oddly wide turns. So I finished the tank and I saw that the servo saver bolts were loose. I put it back together and still took wide turns. I think it has to do with the servo saver but I’m not sure. I tried new servos and still the same problem. And I also noticed that it didn’t want to steer on the ground. When you go and set it down on the floor it barley turns the wheels. Any advice on how to fix this problem?

Have you made sure the adjustment nut on the steering bell crank is tightened? Stock adjustment is shown lower right of the picture below. I personally would go tighter.

Thank you this helps a lot and also can you give me a link to where I can find the picture for the full assembly of the servo saver. I was trying to find it online but couldn’t find anything

You might check depending on your transmitter the Steering Dual rate . It adjusts how much input for steering, fast or slow .
This pic is from the stock HPI TF-40 transmitter for the X-4.6 . If I put mine to SLOW rate it will barely turn the wheels when sitting still. The second pic is from my FUTABA transmitter 3PRKA

20190402_173716.jpg20190402_175131.jpg

Last edited:
Trim is for going straight , dual rate or D/R is for how fast the steering reacts to your input...
If you have the manual on yours or can find on line look for the D/R adjustment.

Hope this helps

Thank you this helps a lot and also can you give me a link to where I can find the picture for the full assembly of the servo saver. I was trying to find it online but couldn’t find anything

HPI has most manuals on their website.

I kinda have the same issues, the savage is a big truck, I ended up getting a high torque servo move those big tires, good luck. Oh make sure they are metal gears

Latest posts

Members online

Back