Savage Saves A Losi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagecre

Just thought I would post this. I have a savage and a losi After shock. The clutch bell on the aftershock and shoes don't really work well so I placed three HPI shoes off of my savage and into the clutch of the losi and WOW. grippage..So if anyone ever has this problem this is the way to go at least for me...And I don't want to hear any #@$#@ about my losi its a good truck.

You should have put the clutch of the Losi 8ight-B/T in it as they run 2 aluminum shoes and 2 plastic shoes, you would have gotten the best of both worlds. But this is great to know. If you would have went with the T/B one you would have had to purchase the flywheel also so would have been more expensave.

Larsen can you mix the shoes like that without having problems?
Which are better for backyard bashing and light racing around, alum shoes or the composite ones?

:10: I'm with hpi4life.LOL That is pretty interesting though,thanx for the headsup.

:violent-smiley-087: Bye the way,Welcome to the site hpi, with a name like that you will fit right in.LOL WELCOME!!!

Larsen can you mix the shoes like that without having problems?
Which are better for backyard bashing and light racing around, alum shoes or the composite ones?

Yes you can mix the shoes as they do it from the fcactory. You must have a 4 shoe flywheel to do this as you would run one of each alum shoe on either side of the clutch and do that same with the plastic one. Losi clames they get the best of both worlds using both shoes as plastic and the alu shoes act quite a bit different which is much more noticable in racing. For bashing I would go stricktly alu. shoes.

Well I run the three shoe clutch on both the savage and losi. All I really needed to do was change the spring on the losi and there shoes would have been fine. there stock springs on the losi were just to stiff..But it ended up being a fair trade cuz the aftershock shocks are now on my savage and even though they are plastic They are tough as nails.

And I have been here for a while on this forum just took a sebatical for a few months

Latest posts

Members online

Back