Savage racer or buggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Ok guys should i just STOP upgrading the Savage and save up for a Buggy or spend money to get a buggy. I am now about to join an R/C club and their is almost ALL buggies and 2 other peopl have a Savage.well 3 .

put low cente gravatiy tvps and some lst shocks and a nice mill and some lighter tires and bam there u go among a few other things (i have been looking at the lst2) just for something different

Yeah I know.I have the STS .28 and a 3 speed........everything else is stock

OK I am going to buy a buggy but I don't want to spend more than 400 bucks........bring them on!!

Best of luck my friend....It's going to take more than that to get one comp'd out for full blown racing.....Bashin' should be good though....

eh i would ditch the savage, unless you are just trying to have fun then by all means plays with ur savage... but once oyu get to a higher level of racing the savage just wont cut it trust me, you cant get it to handle right, cant keep up with lighter trucks untill you overpower it, then the unreliable drive train will break on you. there is just too many problems with it to make it a good raceworthy truck.
iw oudl suggest going 1/8 if you are tryign to get into serious competition, also that class usually has more of a turn out at the tracks i go to and is a much faster, competitive class then monster truck, unless oyu go truggy. but yea don't scimp out on a buggy, get a good one up front or else oyu wll just be buying a better one in a couple months. stick to name brands such as ofna or mugen or kyosho. kyosho has some reliability issues until you get up to their real high priced models though so keep that in mind and they are also a bit squirly ont he track. the new losi buggy looks pretty trick but i havnt seen one or ran one to tell you about it. I'm in love with my mugen prospec and rb w7II it handles liek a dream and that mill is justa powerhouse.

just do some research and see whats right for you, but to win in the buggy class, your gonna need some cash

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back