Savage Octane issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white savage

seen this video on youtube looks like the octane is having troubles.

That engine doesn't rev up very high compared to nitro engines. One thing that caught my attention is that it doesn't appear to be shifting.

That engine doesn't rev up very high compared to nitro engines. One thing that caught my attention is that it doesn't appear to be shifting.

How dare you say that LOL the guy who made the video is apparently a GURU of the savage vehicle to hear him talk about how many he has owned. I see why he has bought so many cause you are right Woodie he may be able to tune an engine but he can't adjust a tranny for squat.

I wish this guy would post what he did to fix those problems. It looks and sounds a lot like mine sometimes

Well from my ear that truck seems to be stuck in first gear and keeping the engine from getting enough rev to get on the pipe.I think that HPI international has not gotten their settings correct from the factory as yet....
for me I woulda already been adjusting them to get some shift action going.... But for a 900 dollar truck I do have to agree that it should at least be somewhat close to right from the factory.....
At any rate I would take apart the trans and check and reset the adjustment for optimal shifting....

That's pretty much the way mine is running. I only have two tanks of fuel ran through as of today. So I'm really still in the break in period. Hope it will get to change gears later on. Btw have you figured out a fix or adjustment for it ?

Members online

Back