Savage Flux XS: Engine revs, wheels don't spin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

postback

Hi everyone,

I took my Savage Flux XS from the attic, after not driving with it for at least a year.
Kids asked about it, and I thought: yeah, why not.

I managed to get it switched on, as I did with the remote control.
Except, the car didn't move.

My initial idea was the LiPo was empty, so I charged it.

The current situation can be seen in this clip:
The engine revs, or so it seems, but with a strange rattle.
The wheels don't spin. The car's not even moving slightly. Really: nothing.

I tried to reset the connection between remote & car. Front wheels react, and as you can see the engine seems to react, but the car doesn't move.

Is there something to be tightened up, moved a bit, or should I check deeper inside the car?

Quick note: while testing it, I tried to shut down and restart everything at least 30 times, tried to shake it, move it by pushing it a bit, nothing helped. But, it did kick off once in that hour that I took to try it getting forward. But not more than that one time.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers.

have you checked the grub screws going out from the trans to the diffs, it does sound as if something is loose and not allowing power to the wheels....

It sounds like the motor is spinning without anything attached.

I would check two things. First look at your motor and verify that your pinion and spur gears look intact and well meshed. Then, if it looks like that is good, go into the transmission and see if everything in there looks good. Specifically, make sure the slipper clutch is tightened down.

Latest posts

Members online

Back