Savage Flux HP no throttle response :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyWalker

Hey guys, my savage's throttle doesn't work anymore. When I move the throttle in either direction nothing happens, no noise also.

I presumed it was something to do with the ESC or throttle cable, shorting or something like that. The throttle wires have a small nick in one wire and one of the ESC cables to the motor was looking dodgy so I cut back the shrink wrap to see if it was damaged but it all looks okay. I don't really know where to go from here and was hoping for some advice.
20170611_224748_zpsquo5h67c.jpg

20170611_224615_zpsdemxbb4s.jpg

Also before it stopped (and ever since I've owned it) there was a harsh gear noise whenever I give it too much throttle to quickly and it got easier and easier to cause it before the throttle just gave up. I think that was the slipper clutch but don't really know as the savage is my first hobby grade RC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to try and fix it myself (with some experienced help) before resorting to begging the local hobby shop to fix it!

The correct LEDs are lit on the ESC? Do you have a multimeter? If so, verify continuity on all of your wires, especially that yellow one in the picture you posted. Anything getting hot?

Since you say you have a gear noise, remove the motor and see if it will spin while not in the chassis. If something in the drivetrain is holding it, it should now be able to spin. Also, while the motor is out, diagnose where that noise is coming from as you should now be able to move everything freely.

Thanks for the reply X! I'll have to check the leds tonight and it wasn't hot when it stopped last night. But unfortunately I don't have any way to test the electrics.

I can move the pinion and spur when the trucks off the ground but I'll take the motor out tonight and having a look at everything just in case.

I took the motor out and everything seems to be turning alright another the motor had a consistent step to the rotation rather than a smooth turn but hope this is how it's meant to be.

I'm going to take the motor esc combo down to the local Jonny shop to see if they can help out

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back