Savage exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guardian707

I have a stock Savage X 4.6 with the plastic exhaust and it has a baffle in it.
Should I run it with the baffle in or out? Will it hurt the motor with it out?

probably wont hurt any... better off upgrading to a nice alloy setup as soon as you can afford to......

The exhaust can be touchy. Removing restriction can make it louder and gain you some power. But depending on the application you may lose HP or torque. Also you will likely have to retune.

I can't tell you how that particular setup will do. I once had the HPI ribbed pipe because I wanted more exhaust sound. Proof that no back pressure is bad, that exhaust was horribly loud and killed power.

Yup, much better off using a side pipe of your choice. there are quite a few to choose from. it is protected somewhat on the side...

Id try a pipe like the ofna 086 or a jp3; could also go with a werks 2013. Ercm is good also,, I may get another one soon. For now my favorite is the novarossi 9886ss pipe, I feel it make more power than the ercm.

I hear good things about Novarossi. I have yet to try any of their products mainly due to being a cheap skate and like to get by as cheaply as I can while still having fun with my trucks......
if you have any vids of these systems and wouldn't mind posting I would like to see some of the differences they have and listen to the sounds of them singing their song at full rev...... :D

I hear good things about Novarossi. I have yet to try any of their products mainly due to being a cheap skate and like to get by as cheaply as I can while still having fun with my trucks......
if you have any vids of these systems and wouldn't mind posting I would like to see some of the differences they have and listen to the sounds of them singing their song at full rev...... :D
Yes I do, I'll post some videos up as soon as I can!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back