savage electric conversion with Turnigy ENOS In-line Electronic Booster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulT

Hi there,

Just converted my savage 5.9 to electric version with castle creation mamba monster X + 2200kv setup. Bought a dozen of hobbyking ENOS boosters last year at cyber monday sales.

Here is the link of the booster:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-enos-in-line-electronic-booster.html

I'm planning to run it on 4s or 6s, wondering if there is any wiring method that I can put 2 boosters (each attach to 1 LiPo pack) on it.

Anyone did that before? Or it simply impossible.

Curious what the "booster" really does. Does it add voltage or just give you an immediate supply at the same voltage with more current (adding more C).

On an F1, it has a gas engine that is supplemented with an electric motor that runs off the stored energy from braking. So... not real sure how you get a "boost" out of that on a single electric motor without either supplying an immediate source of high current or more voltage. Adding more voltage would more than likely cause problems. Would be like having a 6S capable system, then for a moment, bumping it up to 8S, which if your system can't handle 8S, would fry your esc and/or motor. Having more available current would help, but again, not sure how much it's really going to boost anything considering the amount of current these motors eat up.

I'm guessing it really just adds more current at the same volts, not sure how you wire it in though. Guessing it connects in series, so from battery to booster to esc. If you wanted two, not sure how you would wire it up.

Might be better off just getting higher C rated cells so you have more current all the time vs for half a second when you "press a button".

Last edited:
I have to say, I don't see the point. Aside from if your powertrain can't handle the additional power constantly. But almost assuredly in that situation what you are doing is just a ticking time bomb for damage.

vtecxo3.gif

Vtec101.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back