Savage clutch issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savagex2315

Ok so I replaced my clutch shoes for my Savagex and I went plastic worked good first couple passes then went to poop. As I was starting it up it would grab but then you can hold it on the ground and full throttle it and the bell gear just spins and when I run it with out holding onto it all it does is stay in first gear. Was shifting fine when I first started it went through all 3 gears. I have a axial 32 motor in it.. is the problem the clutch shoes??

I would lean towards the slipper clutch nut being loose. This is on the spur gear. If it is loose at all tighten it all the way down.

If it's already slipped that much, it may have overheated and melted the pad, or at the very least, put a nice glaze on it. I'd remove the spur and check it out. If the slipper pad is glazed, use some fine sand paper to rough it back up. Then as suggested above, tighten the slipper nut down.

That's if I read your post right and the CB/spur spins when you hold it stationary and give it gas. If the flywheel spins, but the CB doesn't, then it's the clutch shoes.

Guys thanks a lot for the information... Ok off topic now I just built the 5.9 hpi motor and added 2 more fangs on it and opened everything up and polished it. Haven't ran the motor yet but is that a good motor? And the mods I did to the sleeve is that good as well??

polishing/smoothing out the ports would not hurt. If done properly you will get some gains that may be hard to quantify by "seat of the pants" testing. I love that motor. Its very strong and reliable. Good luck. What are "fangs"

What are "fangs"

Fangs:
2016-0316-PortedSleeveFangs.jpg

I'll keep you guys updated with the engine waiting for the back plate... as for the clutch info it was my spur gear was loose thanks alot guys.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back