Savage Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin

I have recently bought a 79 f150 body and a light kit and I wanted to go for a classic look.What do you guys think I should do for colors/color sceme.

Thanks

Try using a lime green in the color scheme. @Greg recently painted a body with a sweet green color I'd like to see more bodies done in. From the pictures the truck really pops - I can only guess how well it looks in person.

Try using a lime green in the color scheme. @Greg recently painted a body with a sweet green color I'd like to see more bodies done in. From the pictures the truck really pops - I can only guess how well it looks in person.
That color is Lime Green Pearl Faskolor. I've been using Faskolor paints almost exclusively, and I love it. That truck I just finished is a HPI 79 Ford.

do you think a blue with silver lower down would look good

If your going for a HotRod look I like metallic Blue with some silver trim for something not over the top, or the with silver flame design.
If it's just a simple vintage look, I like the turquoise hue (kinda like primer look) with gunmetal and rusty spots...lol!

If your going for a HotRod look I like metallic Blue with some silver trim for something not over the top, or the with silver flame design.
If it's just a simple vintage look, I like the turquoise hue (kinda like primer look) with gunmetal and rusty spots...lol!
My Best friend has a Convertible Midnight Blue / over cream 1937 Ford Hot rod (real show car) and a 1937 Ford Sedan light metallic blue / over metallic cream. Both of them are consistent winners. I think you will be happy with your color combo.

Latest posts

Members online

Back