Savage 4.6 shuts off when throttle is given

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alveriov

I idle my savage for at least 10 min when I go to give it throttle it shuts off. Any one encounter this issue?

Pretty common to need to blip the throttle to clear out excess fuel when sitting idle.

Check the nitro percentage and makesure it's the right glow plug it might be a cold plug if you're using 20% or lower you need a medium/cold, medium or a hot plug I had the same issue

Yea having a nitro engine idle for 10 min is pretty long. Like x said you need to give it some gas to help get rid of the extra fuel build up.

Nitro doesn't like to set and idle like a regular engine.

ALSO helps to get things warmed up quicker when your low-throttling through the yard. long idle just floods the engine and causes headaches with little or no benefits

The best idling engines I ever had were OS 21 RG's. Even those would load up and stall after 5 minutes of idling if I tried taking off without blipping the throttle a few times first. Those things would seemingly idle forever. But as mentioned, you have to blip the throttle a bit before taking off if it's sat idle for 30+ seconds or so. It doesn't take long for them to load up with fuel while sitting, if they are tuned properly.

Latest posts

Members online

Back