Savage 4.6 Carb Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatasiaboy

Hey guys, i had my Savage 4.6 sitting on the shelf for about a year and a half. I wanted to play with it again, so i took it down and figured i would give it a decent cleaning. So i took the engine out, took off the exhaust, air intake and glow plug. Then i turned it over while dripping a stream of nitro fuel on it. I just wanted to get the gunked up old fuel out of there before trying to burn it(and risk scoring the engine if there were solid pieces). So once everything was running smoothly, i re assembled it, cleaned the intake filter and started it up. It ran decently, it seemed to bog a lot. But i always had to play with the throttle to keep it alive. If i lay on the brakes, then the carb shuts completely and it dies. I don't know why its doing that, Its been a long time since ive tuned the truck. There is a screw on the purple carb, that is the one to adjust the idle correct? Either way i turned it, the carb kept shutting and the engine kept dying. Then eventually the car wouldnt start at all, but i think the glow starter battery died. i don't know how to fix this, i know theres an idle screw that can be adjusted, i just don't know where it is.
Any help is appreciated thanks guys!

The idle screw is usually on the side of the carb, if you are turning the one in the brass barrel or the end of the ball socket with the arm on it , those are probably the hi and low needles, I would suggest referring to the manual for a bit of refresher on tuning.....
also your vid is private , meaning no one but you may view it.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back