Savage 25 wipe out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blown68ssrs

Tuning my 3 speed. Ran out of straight. Left front wheel caught something stationary. Broken the aluminium tie bar, shocks from what I can see. Any opportunities for upgrade?
Stock 25, LRP ZR3.0X, 3 speed, 17/52. I have a set of Warlock wheels but don't know what tires to put on are good for pavement.
I welcome any input.
WP_20150524_001.jpg

CARNAGE !!!!! OH OH OH :D
Hitting stationary things does tend to break stuff, I know from experience, You got off pretty lucky there, Stock parts are plenty strong, but if you must have aftermarket, RPM produces some of the best arms for the Savage line and they are not that badly priced....

As for your tire choices there are a bunch of choices from quite a few manufacturers, Proline, Axial, AKA,and a host of others make tires in a 3.2 size to fit your needs

Thanks for the input. Both arms look OK. Haven't taken it apart to assess the damage.
Still stoked to have my slipper issues sorted out and have the 3 speed dialed in.
I looked at Proline and HPI. It appears 3.2 is not as common as 3.8. I was looking at Losi 320 dirt claw and learnt that they are only 2.8's.

Ya I have both sizes 3.8 and 3.2, If ya like the 3.8 wheels and tires then there are also a lot of choices, also look into 3.8 low profile stuff. Redcat, Losi AKA, Proline, Axial and I believe Duratrax have some nice choices either mounted or unmounted your choice.....
also one point I would like to make you aware of is Losi calls their 3.8 sets 40 series as do some of the others..... a bit confusing at times but you will get the weird terminology down if ya research a bit on them.....

Got it all fixed. While I was at it, I added front and rear sway bars, newer style battery box, newer style roll bar, dual disc brake. She is good to go.WP_20150528_001.jpg WP_20150528_002.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back