Savage 25 to Brushless - help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ascii

I have an old savage 25 that I want to convert to brushless but I am not too sure where to start. I don't want to spend too much money. I was thinking of getting the XL TVP's but other than that I am not too sure what I will need. You guys are the experts so who better to ask!

Well, this is not going to be an in-expensive activity :)

I would say just get the Kershaw Designs brushless motor mount for the Savage - allows you to mount the motor to work with the stock Savage spur gear. Also, since the nitro motor isn't there anymore, you can use the motor mount plate as a surface for the speed controller, etc.

I have one of these projects to finish as soon as I get through the Hellfire conversion I am almost done with. If you want, I can take some pics for you.

Bob

OK I've bought the XL TVP's and center dogbones. I've also got the motor from a FLUX. I have seen this ESC on eBay will it do the job?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_791wt_1137

What batteries would you recommend I use? Is this all I need as far as electronics goes? I have read that I will need to mod my 3 speed tranny too. Is it worth locking it in gear or would I be better with the Flux tranny?

Also don't forget about your tranny... I would most def recommend getting an easy access tranny case... I open up my the top of my tranny before every run just to check the wear on the gears. Brushless tends to kill your gears very quickly...

Ok - got the TVP's, dogbones and Flux motor. The ESC should be arriving today. Time for the batteries - I have found these batteries going cheap.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYAN8&P=7

Will they be sufficient for the job? Can I get two of these packs and wire them in series to make a 4S pack? Actually - could I wire 2-3-4 of the individual cells together to make a 2S-3S-4S pack?

Thanks for your help guys - this is really quite addictive!

Enough with batteries and chargers - I have read about 1000 posts and can work that out myself.

Started putting some of this together today. The XL tvps make the truck a lot longer. Its deceptive how much bigger it looks now.

I have been reading a few projects that use the stock brakes with the brushless system. I am a little confused at how to get this to work if the esc plugs into the 2nd channel in the receiver. Where does the brake servo get it's signal from?

you use a y harness adaptor, which is connected in line with the ESC. Only the steering is on its own. Does that make sense? i will be able to take pictures for you tonight if you want?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back