Savage 25 carb movement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markjarvis3

Brought a 25 off Fleabay with the intention of just using it for a donor car for the other 25 I've got, but thought I might get it up together and get it running.
Realised that the carb can be moved by hand left to right although still feels tight as if it will not come out, I've tried taking the tightening screw out but that is solid, just wondered if this would affect it running,
Thanks in advance , pretty new in the nitro RC game

If you can turn the carb by hand, chances are you will have an air leak. If the screw is tight, I would remove the screw and wedges and inspect them and inspect the sealing o ring.

If you can turn the carb by hand, chances are you will have an air leak. If the screw is tight, I would remove the screw and wedges and inspect them and inspect the sealing o ring.
Oh right okay thanks, I'll have to see if I can somehow undo the screw to take it off then as seized solid.
Also I noticed that the controller has been set up so you push forward on the trigger to go forward and backwards to stop which I'm not used to, wondered how this can be swapped over

Also I noticed that the controller has been set up so you push forward on the trigger to go forward and backwards to stop which I'm not used to, wondered how this can be swapped over

If you post the transmitter you have I could be more specific, but usually there is a switch for each channel that has "normal" or "reverse" on it. flip it the other way for your throttle servo.

Look at part #5037, both of those wedges have to be removed. They sit in a grove in the carb body.
http://bonetracker.dk/rc/div/piccoP3-monster.JPG
Hi been looking for these parts but can't seem to locate them anywhere, managed to snap the head off the long hex screw that goes onto the wedges that holds the carb on and think I also need new wedges, used part numbers but cannot seem to find,
Thanks in advance

I probably have some on an old engine laying around. I will look and let you know. The screw was probably cross-threaded and that's why you could not get it tight.

I probably have some on an old engine laying around. I will look and let you know. The screw was probably cross-threaded and that's why you could not get it tight.
Ive managed to source the part now luckily so hopefully all be up and running soon, also ordered all the seals aswell, might aswell be replaced while it's all apart, appreciate that though thanks

Jesussss, O ring kit for the carb come today and the lower o ring that sits in the indent is being a right f****r lol, can't seam to get the carb pushed back into the engine without tearing the o ring apart, any helpful tips on doing this? Seems simple but just couldn't get it to go

Latest posts

Members online

Back