Savage 25 brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markjarvis3

I’ve got a savage 25 with original grey going to say fibre looking brake disc with the metal plate either side.
I cannot get them to lock on and stop properly, I’ve adjusted it on the arm up by the servo yet the brakes still don't fully lock on and stop the truck.
I also just applied a bit of pressure to the arm that runs from the brakes to check they would work which they do.
I’ve got 2 trucks and the discs are equally as worn yet one stops and nearly flips over and yet the other I can get no such thing.
Wondered if there was anything obvious that it could be.

Weak servo or servo saver on the throttle servo, linkage not adjusted properly in general or perhaps the screws holding the disks in have backed out a bit allowing more movement than normal.

Weak servo or servo saver on the throttle servo, linkage not adjusted properly in general or perhaps the screws holding the disks in have backed out a bit allowing more movement than normal.
Yeah I thought possibly a weak servo I’ll have to try another on there.

And I had a tinker with the screws holding the discs and they seem fine and I tried them in multiply positions/ tightness. My other truck the brakes move loads underneath when I was comparing them when I was tightening the disc up, almost looks too much movement but then they stop on a dime.

I know you can get these trucks stopping well to a extent on a worn disc so definitely got to be something else

I think the fibre discs on the Savage tend to be rather poor anyway - all or nothing - kinda brakes. I found them grabby, so replaced them with these. These work nice, CNR (Crazy Nut Racing). img_20191108_030251_7b1cadaaf2f569a852d5c8fa082491b714c953d7.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back