savage 21 brushless conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sue1313

hey everyone my name is Esau i've had my Savage 21 for about 8 years now.
It sat for about the last 5 years till about 2 months ago one of my friends has a Jato he converted to brushless and started bringing it over. that thing is ridiculously fast.. Thats what got me back into the RC world this is what i have so far

old savage 21
Mamba Monster ESC and 2200 kV nue motor
Castle Creations. castle link
Platinum RC. Carbon fiber plate. #prc194 to mount esc radio and steering servo.
kershaw designs.. savage direct drive brushless gear box.
savage flux battery boxes
so far 2 castle creations pinions 16 and 18 32p
deans plugs

waiting on
savage flux tvp's
heavy duty e revo slipper/68t spur gear
castle creations series wiring harness

and as for lipos ill be using my buddys for atleast the first run
2x 3s not sure mah rating yet i think 30c

P9010883.jpg

P8150873.jpg

P8150874.jpg

P8150875.jpg

P9010876.jpg

P9010877.jpg

P9010878.jpg

ill keep you guys posted.
let me know what you think

Kool Esau, thanks for the pics, ive been waiting for this build for a while.

your the first ive seen use the kershaw gearbox and your bud's 6s packs are

sure to put it to the test right outta the gate. keep us posted, lookin good.

hey dude....if you have't.......make SURE you add the alloy diff housings and convert to a 4 gear before you even run it!!!!

thanks RED

Solja
what i was thinking was getting the CEN diffs from baddasz savage
let me know what you think??? I'm kinda not sure about the diff situation need some advice

haha yeah its kinda been a while for the old half of the truck. ill get it cleaned up and post pictures once its done.. well i mean when I'm done with the conversion cus we all know that these things are never really done...

does look good. i've never used the cen diff but have heard good things sbout them. i know for a FACT that the 2 gear diffs with plastic casing won't hold up. will you're at it.....you mid do just as dgood to buy a fron t and rear diff setup off a Flux , XL, X or SS. the have the EZ access shock towers and you can just drop the bumper....six screws and the diff if out. plus...it will do away with that left thread/right thread axle crap. i sold them on my ebay store for $25 for the complete front or rear setup....and that again i say was COMPLETE. i wouldn't pay too much over that. i haven't bought one and chopped it in about a 2 months or so.....trying to save up for my new project. they are well worth the money....even though i know that you've put a good deal in it.

lol I don't wrench dirty too, But I'm far from anal. it can get plasterd with mud and I don't care. just not while I'm building. I like it so far !

ok looking at this again Sue what is up with the tvps ?
You now have the flux tvps and I don't see why unless your going to go flux tranny and mill plate later. The direct drive you have let you do a conversion and keep your tvps. Did you do it for the batt boxs? Who's fiber was the tvps you just took off ?

Last edited by a moderator:
i just noticed this buy why are some of castles esc from batt wires either soldered to the board or they use bullet connectors.... mine are soldered to the board where as yours are bullets... hmmmmm

otherwise looks like a good build.

i-hate
it took about a week and a half.. but its cool pm when you get it i had to modify the main shaft that goes to the center diff cups..

bank
yes i went with the flux tvps for the battery boxes.. i was gonna keep the carbon fiber tvps and just use angul aluminum to hold the flux battery boxes but i dident like how they came out. so for 14 bucks on ebay i got the flux tvps. alot of this build was decided on by $$$ the flux battery boxes were alot cheaper then the kershaw ones.

baddasz
mine are bullets and the male end is solderd to the female end
i bought the referbished esc from castle so that might be why...

here some more pics

your truck came out nasty, cant wait to see it run

can you lay out the cost of your project? I'm sure others will want to borrow

some of your ideas :jamout:

do you notice many acelaration and speed difference with that kershaw direct drive?

regards

I'm glad i got to see the kershaw box mounted up. when i originally looked at

it, i got the impression that the motor would sit higher above the tvps.

it looks like it sits good and low and is very well protected.

Now, to see it run.

compared to what tim??

thanks Bank

yeah ill work on the video

I'm over all really happy with the way it turned out..

compared to what tim??

thanks Bank

yeah ill work on the video

I'm over all really happy with the way it turned out..

ok, i have now remember that you didn´t come from a flux but a nitro .21 savage..
but do you think that kershaw direct drive it worths the money?

tim
I'm over all happy with the kershaw dirrect drive it feels real solid. fits great. i personaly think its cool looking with the motor on it..

thanks savy scott

Latest posts

Members online

Back