Savage 21 brushless conversion. Withe flux motor, and esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E freash

Has any one usedstock flux motor, and esc, with a Kershaw designs kit and do you have any suggestions on pinion,and spur. Plus I'm worried about the motor working with the kit it looks like it might be tight.

I don't know about the Flux motor but I know my castle 2200kv motor fits just fine. Watch the spur size because you can only go so close to the frame. I was close with a 48T spur and 15T pinion. I now have a Robinson Racing 44T spur (even though Kershaw says it won't work) with the same 15T pinion. That would be my suggestion for a good start. Also, remember it's a mod 1 pitch (~24.5P). Also, remember the stock radio sux. Go with a good 2.4 gig that's programmed for electric. You don't want full reverse in case of signal loss. The list goes on and on for the 21 essential upgrades.

Has any one usedstock flux motor, and esc, with a Kershaw designs kit and do you have any suggestions on pinion,and spur. Plus I'm worried about the motor working with the kit it looks like it might be tight.
Ok, another update. If you are like anyone else, you will want to stretch your chassis. The XL TVP's are really hard to find but there companies that make their own version. I have a HOTBODIES stretched chassis that works great until you snap your rear center dogbone. Absolutely zero support for that product. So now I'm looking at this https://www.tcscrawlers.com/tcs-5mm-xl-chassis-for-the-hpi-savage-flux-hp-and-p/sku325698.htm or http://shop.alza-racing.com/en/xl-flux/15-flux-xl-chassis.html. Both look great but TCS will guarantee their product not to bend or break. The Alza rear center dogbone is a must though if you are running the flux motor or anything with insane torque. Like I said above, it's going to cost some coin to get the 21 where you can actually run it like it should be run.

Ok, another update. If you are like anyone else, you will want to stretch your chassis.
That's funny. I've always been on the other side of that and preferred the shorter chassis. Probably partly because I want the truck to fit in my HPI hauler bag with the divider still in it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back