safety cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky_Walker

Is there anything that will kill the engine if the batteries die for the servos? I found out the hard way earlier after I was running the car with out the battery pack secured, lost a battery so lost control of the servos and had to chase it down.

How are you running it with the pack not secured ?? Always use the radio box lid when running your rig it keeps most of the crap out of your receiver and also holds the battery secure in there too..... if you lose the pack powering the radio system I don't know of anything but chasing it down if a runaway occurs....

I was too eager when I got it going. It was whilst I was getting it going so I just forgot to secure it. I just thought I'd ask the question as it wasn't fun chasing it

Would this work? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXHLV3&P=8#tech tech notes say "Prevents runaway nitro or gasoline powered vehicles
Operates with both 4.8 and 6V batteries, Protects against low receiver battery power below 3.8V and loss of, radio frequency. I run one on my SS but its never kicked in. I would think no power qualifies as below the 3.8v. You can set it to trigger the throttle servo to jam the carb shut when the voltage drops.

They are not compatible with 2.4G radios. If you lose power completely, the servo will not return to neutral.

If you cant get a spring(1st choice i should say, spring is way better), a rubberband works. I put one on my buggy, turned on the radio, and unplugged my pack. It yanked the carb closed

Thanks a lot for the information, i will look at getting the spring I don't want another runaway truck

Latest posts

Members online

Back