Running On The Beach

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Too Tall

Hi Everyone!

I just got a Savage X 4.6 and I have been more than happy with it! My family and I are taking a trip down to Mexico soon, and I wanted to bring the Savage along with me. What should I do to make the Savage beach worthy? I have heard that covering the underside in Duck Tape helps. But is that true? What else should I do to make it ready to run on the beach? Thank you for the help!

Alex

OK! Does the constant assault of sand do any damage to the parts? Should I purchase anything for the truck, or for after I'm done bashing for the day? Thank you for your advise so far!

take a small piece of pantyhose and wrap it around the air filter to help keep out the finer sand, and keep an eye on your bearings

cover your electronics good too. hose it down with wd 40 and spray it off with some air if you can. good luck with it lol.

It's beginning to sound like that! I think I might just leave the Savage at home. I don't know yet! Still trying to make up my mind.

use some balloons. idk, just get creative, thats how most people do it though.

Let me know how you made out I am heading to Mexico in a week and was considering taking the Savage along with me. My brother has been trying to disuade me from taking it saying that getting through custom would be a nightmare.

Latest posts

Members online

Back