running in sand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dockharris

i have a dry river bed near were i live would it be bad 2 run my savage in the sand? does any 1 here run in the sand?

I Do. I run in silica sand. Make sure you have a good filter and clean it after everytank. Helps if you have a few.

I was wondering about the beach. I have a killer spot at one of my local beaches where 1:1's are still allowed to drive and there is plenty of rolling, dry spots in the dunes back away from any water. It would be a really fun place to run the savvy I just don't know about all that sand in the drivetrain and such. Anybody here ever run at the beach? Did it cause you any problems?

If I were to run in beach sand I would cover up all my electronics just like I would if I was waterproofing my truck. Make sure you have no grease visable that the sand will stick to. Invest in a good portable air tank so you can blow the sand off every now and then.

I have run on the beach that sand isn't nearly as bad as the silica sand. Keep it clean and make sure to strip it down and clean it when you are done. That is great advice treat it like you would if you were to water proof it for the electronics.

My electronics are all in the stock radio box still. I could tape around the opening where the T/B servo is to reduce to amount of sand that might get in.

Latest posts

Members online

Back