Roto start conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Down

Hi all, I have put a brand new f5.9 into my F4.6 savage. I haven’t as of yet ran it in as the pull start is soooo hard to use due to the high compression and newness.
Can I convert it to roto start.
Failing that does anyone have tips for starting this engine up.
Many thanks,
Chris.

Have never had to do it myself but you could try loosing glow plug very slightly & once running tighten back up again! ??
Yeah I have wondered if that might work. But honestly you almost have to stand on the truck to keep it down whilst simultaneously trying to prime the fuel with the pull start. I need four pairs of hands!!

To prime take pipe from fuel tank which goes onto exhaust & blow down this to fuel tank & stop once you see fuel start going into carburettor, then slightly loosen glow plug once started tighten glow plug back up. After engine has been properly run in & loosened up you should not need to do this any longer! ??

Pre-warm/heat the engine, it'll be kinder and easier to start. And loosed the plug as said.
Thanks guys I will try these suggestions. Here is the offending item with a Robinson racing clutch spur and clutch bell. I’m hoping this will be a beast. Long live Nitro!

Attachments

• 9AD823E8-22F5-4FFC-89C2-69A4653555F9.jpeg
    9AD823E8-22F5-4FFC-89C2-69A4653555F9.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 6
Yes as lokky suggested pre warm engine to help loosen it up, can’t recommend a nitro head warmer enough think it’s the best thing I have brought since recently getting back into nitro! ??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back