Reverse modual for Savage Octane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberto

hello all friends I mounted on my Savage xl octane reverse mode finally I no longer have to run behind the car I explain how I proceeded to mount the HPI87039 reverse module for owners of the transmitter to two canali.smontato change installed by the book and that's it clearly must buy separately another actuator to activate the mechanism of retromarcia. Per any help or question here are available to you hello to all !!!! and always at full throttle

I've been wanting this one myself, but decided against it fearing it wouldn't hold up in the octane.
Have you tried running the truck hard after you've installed it?

I've had the parts to put reverse on my truck for years. I've seen plenty of evidence that says if you aren't very careful in how you engage and disengage the reverse that you could cause issues.

Besides, I can get my truck out of 99% of situations with a little throttle. :)

Sure you can, but you're not running an octane :)

That would be a problem when using a separate channel, but this one changes direction after you've held the brake for 3 seconds..

...Nvm..
I just pictured myself mucking this up, and the realism was staggering...

Come to think of it; It would probably be safe for me if I used a separate channel and mounted a hard to reach flip-switch on my transmitter...
A project for another day, or more fill for the what-if bin...

then mounting the mixer you hold the brake for 3 seconds and goes in reverse back to the 1Gear the mixer serves as channel 3 and during the forward motion there is no risk of breakage are the first who did it

I have a video of the test bench and during strolls made in the country, but are too large to load

Roberto: I was thinking about the strain on the components. How it would hold up over time in a gas engine.
Any videos or info is appreciated.

Hello everyone then as regards the reverse video I have several but too large to load them on the forum instead on the information on the medium is simple not anything on the contrary it turns the motor and even all the change runs in the right way the work of reversing l ' I make the module that moves with the movement of a servo while differentials do not suffer when they turn on the contrary notwithstanding I possess my model with reversing I never had problems !!!! If you want more information is here to explain even with photos as I ran the installation hello to all friends

I understand, and guess I just have to buy me one too.
..after the other problems are out of the way :)

Usually I'm not easy to please, but there's something about a gas powered rc model reversing I find very exciting.
Make me feel like a little boy again, until I look in the mirror..

ok .. please ignore.
i was an idiot :)

everything is ok.

thanlk

Attachments

• IMG_20160210_135524.jpg
    IMG_20160210_135524.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20160210_134559.jpg
    IMG_20160210_134559.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
yes sir, it was like that.
i just opened to add the reverse unit.

now need to test it .. to dark now, so i will test tomorrow.

thanks for the help here and on youtube videos.

Ok .. So no tomorrow .. But finally i got a chance ..

I have the reverse module .. Original from the kit.
When themotor is running its not working.
When motor is of it does.

So i guess . . . ignition issues ...
How can i bypass that ?

Thanks.

ciao Guya Ho cercato di capire il problema non va in retromarcia quando il motore è in funzione

I think it's because of the Flip motore.a engine stopped reverse I saw in the video that va.ho had the problem the same as yours

There is a module that is cinnected inline with the throttle servo. When you apply full brakes for 3 seconds it reverses the gear servo.
This module is part of original kit.
It does not work when the gas motor is running.

I think it is because of the cdi making electrical noise.

Also the controller range is very short.

I ordered new antenna ... Waiting for it to arrive.

Latest posts

Members online

Back