replacement screw kits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOLLYW00D

i picked up a replacement screw kit ("Tony's") to have on hand. i noticed that all of the screws have the fine thread pitch that some of the factory screws use, but does not include any of the coarse thread pitch screws that bite down into the various plastic pieces. what good does that do me!?!? how can customers be expected to fit a fine pitched screw into a hole that's been stretched out by the coarse threads? it's like throwing a toothpick into a garbage bag and expecting it to be a tight fit.

current verdict for Tony's Savage Flux Screw Kit = FAIL :stressed:

naw, its all good. now would be a great time to upgrade those plastic cross-braces with the FLM braces. you can find em on www.smfstore.com

most screw kits wont have course, the fine will work, well, fine in the plastic too.

Need to pick one of these kits up who is the cheepest I need stainless though not alum.

In my experience, the fine threaded screws worked as well if not better than the course threaded screws.

pope, why stainless?? stay away from the stainless kits unless you are building a shelf queen. SS fasteners are like butter and will bend if you look at them wrong and sneeze at the same time. hardened steel is my fastner of choice for the rc's.

are the fine threads still as potent in a hole that has already been, how do i put this, "stretched out" by a coarse thread screw? i imagine if the hole was fresh, fine threads would be acceptable. am i thinking wrong? i just don't want to put a fine threaded screw in a coarse threaded hole and end up striping the plastic or worse.

are the fine threads still as potent in a hole that has already been, how do i put this, "stretched out" by a coarse thread screw? i imagine if the hole was fresh, fine threads would be acceptable. am i thinking wrong? i just don't want to put a fine threaded screw in a coarse threaded hole and end up striping the plastic or worse.

I am no screw expert, but from my experience they screw right in... easily. They are double threaded, or twice as many threads as a plastic screw. They fit right down in the grooves and creates it's own new ones. Now you have twice the threads grabbing and holding in the plastic.

Just try it, you'll see. They did this for a reason.

thanks Whipnet, i'll give it a go. :)

In my experience, the fine threaded screws worked as well if not better than the course threaded screws.

pope, why stainless?? stay away from the stainless kits unless you are building a shelf queen. SS fasteners are like butter and will bend if you look at them wrong and sneeze at the same time. hardened steel is my fastner of choice for the rc's.

I'm +1 with Allan on the hardened steel screw. i have had excellent experience with the kit offered by smfstore.com & it has a huge assortment even including nylon lock-nuts and cooling head bolts https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8851

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back