Replaced spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zane Lewis

Hey, I have taken apart my truck 3 times and I cannot get the dang spur gear to tighten. It very loose and I can’t do anything to tighten it.

yep, this is where it helps to make notes or take pictures before removing stuff.... now tighten it up until the spring is just coilbound (coils just touching each other) and drive the truck like you stole it

yep, this is where it helps to make notes or take pictures before removing stuff.... now tighten it up until the spring is just coilbound (coils just touching each other) and drive the truck like you stole it
Well can’t get a dang mesh on the dang spur and pinion. This is pissing me off I’m bout to throw it! I’ve been working on it since 12.

Take a strip of binder paper an old receipt or brown paper bag or the like fold it in half hold it between the gears, mesh the gears together tighten up the engine mounting bolts ( don't forget the blue locktite) and remove the paper by rotating the gear, you should end up with a perfect mesh.....

Take a strip of binder paper fold it in half hold it between the gears, mesh the gears together tighten up the engine mounting bolts ( don't forget the blue locktite) and remove the paper by rotating the gear, you should end up with a perfect mesh.....
I finally got it, but now the truck won’t go forward smh

if it doesn't rotate easily when pushed back and forth on the floor then you have the mesh too tight....or you have the brakes engaged, make sure the servo is centered, easiest to do by turning on the radio and the truck receiver

Take a strip of binder paper an old receipt or brown paper bag or the like fold it in half hold it between the gears, mesh the gears together tighten up the engine mounting bolts ( don't forget the blue locktite) and remove the paper by rotating the gear, you should end up with a perfect mesh.....
I give up for tonight I’ve tried everything it ends up loosing up on me. I’ve been out here trying to fix it for about 6.5 hours for a dang spur gear. I end up cranking it up and give it throttle and then spur is just spinning and gets caught by the pinion if I keep it up I’m gonna strip the new spur I just bought

sometimes it is smart to take a break and go have a beer or something, when you come back it will fall together......

Could my spur and pinion not be meshed because I have a 49T the old spur that was in was a 52T # 76942

Last edited:
@Jam Racing 1 - Take a strip of binder paper an old receipt or brown paper bag or the like fold it in half hold it between the gears, mesh the gears together tighten up the engine mounting bolts ( don't forget the blue locktite) and remove the paper by rotating the gear, you should end up with a perfect mesh.....

Hope this helps...

SETTING SPUR GEAR MESH.jpg

Attachments

• SETTING SPUR GEAR MESH.pdf
    629.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Could my spur and pinion not be meshed because I have a 49T the old spur that was in was a 52T # 76942

OH NOW you are forthcoming with all the information..., yes it is likely that you will need the same tooth spur or you will have to go up a couple teeth on the clutch bell gear to get in the right range for complete meshing.

@Jam Racing 1 - Take a strip of binder paper an old receipt or brown paper bag or the like fold it in half hold it between the gears, mesh the gears together tighten up the engine mounting bolts ( don't forget the blue locktite) and remove the paper by rotating the gear, you should end up with a perfect mesh.....

Hope this helps...
Elwood I think its the spur the 49 t isn’t doing it then I put the 52t back on was mesh good. With the 49t it would get on the pinion no matter w
OH NOW you are forthcoming with all the information..., yes it is likely that you will need the same tooth spur or you will have to go up a couple teeth on the clutch bell gear to get in the right range for complete meshing.
lol thought that would be the problem. Sorry for any misunderstanding lol ig I was messing with it took much last night and didn’t even think about it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back