Remember this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gav

Do you remember XTMs monster truck the X- factor. I got mine when they first came out, I was so stoked my first nitro truck. Ha I laugh now but God it was a POS. I still keep it in running condition and it looks so bad ass! And I still have the boximage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg
Just some pics to look at.

i am looking at getting the XF 2 from a buddy of mine...... I just want it caz is a solid axle nitro monster truck... I already have the XTM MMT and thats one of my favorite rigs......

It's got the classic monster truck look and the articulation is really cool, so it gets a B+ for looks
But the whole R box reverse system was a pain to use, I ended up just disconnecting the servo.
The truck is that top heavy it tips when the wind blows.
The rear exit pipe is a pain, battery box so small. But it was my first nitro truck so it's a keeper.

Jam what did they change on the V2

I'm not sure what they changed on it. I just want it caz is solid axles and nitro powered.... I am a collector of those rigs...... I have a couple ClodBusters in my fleet and I am looking for another to have :D

Iv looked on eBay and a few come up from time to time I just wanted a parts truck and they've all had a hard life.
And the asking cash is to much.
Parts are getting hard to get, not impossible but hard to get.

Nice truck Gav! Wish i had that much luck! Sydney isn't far from me...about 5 to 6hrs flying?
But yeah...ebay has some great things to buy but those darn shipping rates!! Arrrgh!

Nice truck Gav! Wish i had that much luck! Sydney isn't far from me...about 5 to 6hrs flying?
But yeah...ebay has some great things to buy but those darn shipping rates!! Arrrgh!

Yea I think being stuck on a big rock in the middle of the ocean with all the kangaroo's and koalas running around.
The whole RC scene over here is nothing like the U.S

What's it like in Singapore with RC's tim, is it as big as the U.S

Not as big for sure....but a pretty decent size from flyers to land bashers. Some groups organize their own races with donated prizes and some groups have Fun Flys every weekend. Space is very very limited in Singapore with most flying fields near airports. But the authorities have been nice and allow a little leeway here and there. The only issue is that the hobby has become so affordable and easy to get into that many have started or transitioned with very little knowledge on set up and how things work and why. So crashes, invasion of privacy, unsafe use, no care for the public....may some day bite us back! As with every country....I'm sure there are always the fools that give the hobby a bad name.
I don't fly as much and reverting back to my trucks and soon back to my Heli's and multirotors. A change of pace as new priorities come around at home. Which is a welcome change anyway. For me...it doesn't matter which I do, fly, bash, hover....it's the essence of fun and satisfaction of just doing it. I'm happy with a single tank of nitro and just mindless running. LOL

On a side note...I have 6 couzins in Perth and have been meaning to visit them again sometime. Would like to shop but AU has nasty GST!!...eeek!

Not as big for sure....but a pretty decent size from flyers to land bashers. Some groups organize their own races with donated prizes and some groups have Fun Flys every weekend. Space is very very limited in Singapore with most flying fields near airports. But the authorities have been nice and allow a little leeway here and there. The only issue is that the hobby has become so affordable and easy to get into that many have started or transitioned with very little knowledge on set up and how things work and why. So crashes, invasion of privacy, unsafe use, no care for the public....may some day bite us back! As with every country....I'm sure there are always the fools that give the hobby a bad name.
I don't fly as much and reverting back to my trucks and soon back to my Heli's and multirotors. A change of pace as new priorities come around at home. Which is a welcome change anyway. For me...it doesn't matter which I do, fly, bash, hover....it's the essence of fun and satisfaction of just doing it. I'm happy with a single tank of nitro and just mindless running. LOL

On a side note...I have 6 couzins in Perth and have been meaning to visit them again sometime. Would like to shop but AU has nasty GST!!...eeek!

As for you getting large flyers to go bashing.........Nothing like that for me.

As for the shopping over here, all things related RC the price is quite high compared to the U.S
Ridiculous even!
http://rchobbies.com.au/store/product_info.php?cPath=1101_60_1082&products_id=75008
In the U.S it's a 60-70 dollar servo.

Last edited:
Man! Why do we suffer....lol! Totally understand your predicament Gav! I have several AU friends living here in SG and beer stories are always a good laugh.

Man! Why do we suffer....lol! Totally understand your predicament Gav! I have several AU friends living here in SG and beer stories are always a good laugh.

Beer story's always have good laughs.

In the last 6 years the only things I get from my LHS are, fuel, glow plugs if needed and paint.

Amain and ebay chop shops get most of my business. I love sitting down and placing my order and do a bit of window shopping.
I make sure, and double check I don't forget anything ( diff gaskets )
And usually I'll place my order on a Sunday night and I'll have it by Thursday, latest Friday.
The chop shops take around two weeks.

Amain, Tower, Asiatees, HobbyKing, some others for specific parts...for me. LHS is same here for me, fuel and the usual.
I have a HPI dealer here so that helps...but can be pricey so only as a last resort or when I'm desperate.
As long as I have a good spread of spares available for the brands I have I'm happy. Won't buy a truck with hardly any spares available anywhere. I don't mind the wait.

Reactions: Gav

Latest posts

Members online

Back