Red loctite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Preacher_Ed

I have been having problems with the grub screw coming loose and causing my pinion gear to move. I have tried to blue Loctite but it only holds for a short time. I'm scared of the red Loctite, but am tired of having my screw come loose. If I use the red, what extreme measures will I have to use if I ever had to remove the grub screw to change the pinion gear?

u will have top heat the living crap out of the grub screw making it easier to strip imo use blue let sit for atleast 24h and u will be good

I did that, and it lasted a few days. I really don't want to use the red, but I'm getting really frustrated with a pinion screw that comes loose!!! Is there anything between the strength of the blue and the red?

Ed all you will ever have to do to get the red loctite off is hold a soldering gun or pencil on the grub scew for a few minutes to get it off. I suggest red in a location like this as its subjected to a lot of heat while running. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Ya i agree with mickey use the red , I have done it for years with no problems at all....

well like Mickey said , just a drop and when ya wanna remove it , just apply a lil heat and it will come off. a lil wire brush will take off any excess that may get on the gear, but if you are careful there will be very little....

I use the red loctite also on the grub screw for the pinion gear on the xs. All I do is, place a small drop of the red loctite on a scrap piece of paper or something a little thicker, then place the grub screw on the allen wrench and just lightly dip it in the loctite. Once you start screwing in the grub screw, the little bit of loctite will spread out through the threads. That's how I've always done it and have never had to preheat the screw before removing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back