recommendations on budget 2.4 ghz transmitters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

my hpi savage x 4.6 came with the am transmittor/receiver and I'm in need of an upgrade due to interference issues. i believe 2.4ghz is the best way to go. i tbh want to stay as cheap as possible, i would say my budget is max $100 canadian
i don't really need anything special, i am fine with a basic rc remote and my old hpi tf3 did what i needed it to.
i don't race or do anything competitvely and i rarely bash

i liked what i saw in the flysky gt3b since it has replaceable aa batteries (the reason is because i sometimes wont drive it for a year or two and i don't want the batteries to go bad, thats why aa is easy to replace) i believe it also has a failsafe which is good

hoping for atleast the same range as my hpi tf3 as the minimum

i can get the following from a quick amazon search but open to other options
Flysky FS-GT3B $60 cad all in
spektrum slt3 w slr300 $80 cad all in
tactic ttx300 w tr325 $88 cad all in
radiolink rc4gs V2 $80 cad all in
+ whatever else i can find in around this price range

i don't know if all the above have built in fail safe but i want one with that

thx!

I'd probably get the Radiolink if I was limited. I watched a review video on it and the guy seemed to like it over the comparable flysky one.

The tactic is a tried and true one that a lot of the arrma guys really liked. Used to come with the RTR before spektrum took over.

I'd probably get the Radiolink if I was limited. I watched a review video on it and the guy seemed to like it over the comparable flysky one.

The tactic is a tried and true one that a lot of the arrma guys really liked. Used to come with the RTR before spektrum took over.
thx for the reply! i also heard the spectrum is basically a rebadged tactic one
still the radiolink over those 2?
thx

For me personally, yes. I prefer a radio with a screen to program it and to monitor voltage or make adjustments when out bashing.

The features may be similar between the tactic and spektrum you list, but the radio technology isn't. The spektrum uses DSM2/DSMR, the tactic uses something else. Which is fine, but they aren't that similar internally anyway.

I use a DX5C with DSMR and DSM2 receivers. I had a DX3, DX3.0, DX3C and now DX5C. I got the 5C because I broke the antenna joint on my DX3C, the DX5C just has a point sticking up where the antenna is internally, so less likely to break it. In either case, the later ones worked best with DSM2/DSMR receivers that had a coaxial antenna. My older spektrum systems had a single wire antenna and my range was horrible.

For me personally, yes. I prefer a radio with a screen to program it and to monitor voltage or make adjustments when out bashing.

The features may be similar between the tactic and spektrum you list, but the radio technology isn't. The spektrum uses DSM2/DSMR, the tactic uses something else. Which is fine, but they aren't that similar internally anyway.

I use a DX5C with DSMR and DSM2 receivers. I had a DX3, DX3.0, DX3C and now DX5C. I got the 5C because I broke the antenna joint on my DX3C, the DX5C just has a point sticking up where the antenna is internally, so less likely to break it. In either case, the later ones worked best with DSM2/DSMR receivers that had a coaxial antenna. My older spektrum systems had a single wire antenna and my range was horrible.
ahh kk good thinking! now that makes sense, i guess the screen is a great benefit.
and sorry to ask a dumb question but with the radiolink i wont have to buy a seperate failsafe eh?

I have the Flysky FS-GT3B and love it. It's got every adjustability feature I will ever need and the menu system is very easy to scroll through. You can also buy additional receivers for cheap as your model inventory grows.

I have the Flysky FS-GT3B and love it. It's got every adjustability feature I will ever need and the menu system is very easy to scroll through. You can also buy additional receivers for cheap as your model inventory grows.

easy to set the failsafe?

I have some TTX-300 and a flysky GT3 and they are ok.
After seeing some reviews I have just bought a flysky GT5 because you can use one transmitter for several cars and its got advanced functions, but haven't tested it yet. Flysky recievers are not expensive and the one that comes with the transmitter has a gyro incorporated.
You can use batteries or a LiPo to power it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back