reciever antenna only about an inch long

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prink

I had a little wreck today that ripped alot of my antenna off. Can you just splice another piece of wire onto it, or do you have to soldier it on inside the reciever? Sorry if it is a dumb question, but i am a newb to this.

eh? A new receiver is overkill (and expensive), just get some wire the same thickness and length as the origional and solder it to the RX.

Look at it like this, you can either bin your RX or try to fix it, what do you have to loose.

That happened to me, I just popped the receiver open and soldered an entirely new wire on. I used an old wire that looked just like it. I have been using it for gallons and gallons with no problems.

When I tried mine, I guess I messed it up somehow, lol....Truck was squirrely as h3ll, lol

It all comes down to luck actually. The wire has to have the same impedance, and the length has to be perfect. I suggest getting a new receiver, or if you are running a FM or better radio, send it back to the manufacturer to be fixed. Not to say you couldnt be lucky enough to have it work, but you have a better than not chance it will run away.

wow i must be really lucky to have it work so many times for me. I even changed the antenna on my wifes RC to a steel one and the one on my savage to a short Titanium one (its got a Speky in it though).

Your RX's PCB could have been cracked when the antenna wire was damaged (if it was pulled on by the impact or what not), might not even be obvious, a broken trace or something.

thanks Lunar, I'll look closer....4x4...haven't seen Luke around lately, he has a NICE informative website....

ive got some futaba receivers, same type but the wires are different length from factory. i don't think that matters too much.

for the sake of soldering a new wire on and testing it, as long as you have a failsafe why not, ive got a couple i need to fix now (dang dog)

Latest posts

Members online

Back