Receiver Shut Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dobyx

I just bought this truck after a lot of deliberation over this one and the Losi LST XX2 (Sounds like a super bowl) and charged up "both" battery packs and filled up with gas and fired it up. Just as the manual and you tubers suggested I choked it, pulled twice, un choked it and puled again and vrooooom! the beat came alive. I grin came over my face and the little boy in me came out as I put it on the driveway to start the long 5-10 tank process to break it in. Then the receiver stopped working, I had no control over the throttle or steering. After some effort to check for a loose wire etc. I decided to troubleshoot and the first thing I did was swap the batteries around and walla! it now works fine.... odd I thought. I swapped them back and the problem came back after scratching the premature bald spot on my head I swapped them back and left it like that. Any Idea's ?

it is possible that the battery did not get fully charged up. since it is new I would make sure they are both able to take and hold a charge...

Good thought, I did just ass-u-me that it was charged. I did run it for 3 tanks to start breaking it in. So it seemed to work on the ignition side of things. Maybe there's not as much draw on that side as there is on the servo side. Now that I think about it; I did only get 3 tanks worth of driving when that battery ran out of mah's. What is the expected run time (number of tanks) for the standard batteries? and is it normal for the ignition battery to run out before the servo/receiver battery? I guess I will do the lip mod to save all these issues, as well it takes a team of rocket engineers to help me get those packs in place again :-{

I run mine 3 tanks also and still have juice left over. When I first got the truck new I also lost receiver signal when messing with the batteries but it only happened once, almost 20 tanks later and it hasn't done it again .

I run mine 3 tanks also and still have juice left over. When I first got the truck new I also lost receiver signal when messing with the batteries but it only happened once, almost 20 tanks later and it hasn't done it again .

Yeh, strange eh. I was just out running a few more tanks through it to finish off the break in and all seemed fine now. However, I think I will definitely do the LiPo Mod from Squirrelod

Latest posts

Members online

Back