Receiver help before RC Jam!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

Alright I need to pick out a new receiver for my dad asap. I looked on ebay for the stocker ones and found nothing. So I am looking at smf and i saw this. 35 bucks, whatever. Is it a good receiver? I will continue looking at other sites for a cheaper option hopefully stock. I could really use some advice on the one i linked. He will be using a stock radio fyi.

Hahahaha always remember to check the basic before you buy a $40 receiver. The crystal in the receiver is damage and activates the fail-safe when the engine vibrates. I put the crystal in my transmitter in the receiver and the crystal in the receiver in my transmitter. This works because the transmitter doesn't vibrate like my truck so it everything works fine now. Thanks X25 and poly.

no problem fx just happy it was an easy fix lol

That's about as good as the brand new Savage 25 RTR I bought my wife...put the finishing touches in it, did the break-in according to the manual, and started running it. On like the 3rd or 4th tank, the stupid thing stopped responding. The crystal had come out of the receiver. Put it back, tried again. It did that 3 runs in a row, ended up taping the damn thing in there so it can't come out anymore. Guess I'll have to spring for a Spektrum for her, too one of these days...

One of these days when I'm feeling rich I'll get a nice digital radio and wont ever have to see another crystal again. Until then I'll have to suck it up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back