Rebuilding the basket cases!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr828

I started the rebuild process tonight, on my two race Savages. It's been nearly ten years since either of these have together and running. Both were shelved with bad diffs and all the local racers switched to truggies at that time, anyway.
So far they've been stripped and cleaned and I rebuilt the diffs with alloy cups. Threw some Rpm arms on the one.
There is no local tracks anymore so one is going to be a basher. The other I hope to mod the heck out of.
I will try to post my progress and I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions along the way. JH.

IMG_20170404_231505.jpg IMG_20170404_231457.jpg IMG_20170402_100719.jpg

What's your parts wish list for those? I'd vote making that extended chassis a brushless. That way you have one of each.

What's your parts wish list for those? I'd vote making that extended chassis a brushless. That way you have one of each.

I've been debating about going the brushless route, though I'm not very well informed regarding the current brushless systems. Both drivetrains are a combo of SS 4.6 and S25 era parts as well. So I guess the initial cost scares me off.
I'm not ruling it out yet, though.

Things are progressing slowly, it's just hard finding the time right now. Anyway it rolls!
Savage number 2 seems to be missing a lot of parts, it may take a while for it to be done.

IMG_20170410_101718.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back