Rear wheel stearing ??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I want to know more about rear wheel stearing where can I find it and how it works and all that ANYONE HAVE IT or know about it please reply

ditto...anyone have a link to any info, or have any personal insights to share?

I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and a pain in the butt.....

well, it sounds like it'd make the truck agile as anything, but squirrely as anything as well, at high speeds...driving it would definately take some getting used ...

here's a follow-up question:

is it possible to run dual servos from the steering channel on the receiver? I know my buddy's revo used 2 servos for steering, before he opted for the single servo mod...

not really sure on that. the mod is able to be locked out for when you are going to be doing some racing.

I have built my own for the price of the servo, a T-Maxx steering assembly and some aluminum, under 60 dollars US.
Here are some pics of mine.

6ca99e6c.jpg

0071e3ce.jpg

464116fa.jpg

8fa2fe3f.jpg

4ee5ac6e.jpg

61086901.jpg

Now before I get bashed about the mounting system let me tell you that I have revised the mount so it only attaches to the bulkhead, unlike this mount that only attaches to the bumper. It looks like it is atached to the bulkhead but that piece just lays there and slides on top of it (still allowing the bumper to flex)

I use a spektrum controller which allows me to controll the rear steer by its self I also have a steering mixer to split off 2 servos from the receiver and has the ability to center each one individually.

i just read about a rear wheel steering kit, but i cant for the life of me remember where. if i can find it again il post up a link.

Only problem with the rbinnovations kit is that it replaces the rear bumper and it is not rototstart freindly (not and issue for some but some people do use them). If you look at their photo on the website they have no way of retaining the upper hinge pins and if they work them selfs out it could cause problems with the steering assembly.
http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog/images/parts/rearst2.jpg

Another issue I have with that kit is if have a bad rear landing, it might get tweaked which may cause the truck to pull to one side.

Lastly $100 for something that is bulky and not freindly to all users...no thanks. That is way I built mine, cheaper and rotostart freindly.
Version one was able to flex with bumper.
Version two with (I have no pictuers of) only attaches to the bulkheads and still is rotostart friendly and allows full bumper flex, and I do believe it is Savage X freindly aswell.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just don't care for :ar: rbinnovations

Thanks buddy another ? what about the radio to you have to get one that you can adjust the turnning of the rear wheels how does that work??

Thanks buddy another ? what about the radio to you have to get one that you can adjust the turnning of the rear wheels how does that work??

The radio I use personally is the Spektrum, it allows independent operation of the rear wheels. In other words I can use that radio and just drive by steering only the rear wheels if I want to.
Some radios allow you to mix the 3rd channel to the steering channel and you can have the rear wheels turn at a % of the front wheels.
For other radios, I do have a Y harness that you can plug into the receive steering port and it has a adjustment to center the rear wheels, while you can use the radio trim to adjust the front wheels. The only down side of this is the rear only turns the opposite of the front (no crap walks)and turn at the same rate.

surely when ur fronts turn left u want the rears to turn right a little bit and vice versa or instead of turning ud be driving in diagonals?

ok ignore that, just reread ur post and understood it properly!!! its been a long day ok!LOL

The radio I use personally is the Spektrum, it allows independent operation of the rear wheels. In other words I can use that radio and just drive by steering only the rear wheels if I want to.
Some radios allow you to mix the 3rd channel to the steering channel and you can have the rear wheels turn at a % of the front wheels.
For other radios, I do have a Y harness that you can plug into the receive steering port and it has a adjustment to center the rear wheels, while you can use the radio trim to adjust the front wheels. The only down side of this is the rear only turns the opposite of the front (no crap walks)and turn at the same rate.

do you lose any power to the servos using the y-harness? since you're running 2 servos with a channel meant for one i mean...

also, does anyone know where i can find a book called "Programming your Spektrum for Dummies"? so i can set mine up to run like that? :)

do you lose any power to the servos using the y-harness? since you're running 2 servos with a channel meant for one i mean...

also, does anyone know where i can find a book called "Programming your Spektrum for Dummies"? so i can set mine up to run like that? :)

I haven't noticed any power issues, I was using High torque servos.

For the spektrum you have to set the third channel to 3P, that will allow you to slide the button one way to turn the truck in one direction, slide button the other to turn the opposite direction.

If you are still having troubles hit me back with a PM I will be willing to help.

i honestly haven't even gotten my spektrum out of the box yet...it just arrived earlier this week, and it's winter, so i may not even use it 'til spring...

also, it's the newest spektrum with all the bells and whistles...steering trim, exponential whoozits, etc...

Thanks for all the replies it was allot of help Not just for me but everone one else thanks again

Cabbie on savageracer has a thread you should check out if you are still interested in 4 wheel stearing. Very nice project. I could post a link but it on savageracer forum. The thread is.(semi rear wheel steering) posted by cabbie.. have time check it out.. very cool and well thought out project.

heres a site buddy that gives you the complete thing out of the box only fo $99.00 us

HTML:
http://www.rbinnovations.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/27/products_id/148?osCsid=c59557f48aeaa86fa9c90009eb91606f

I don't like that setup, few bad hits on the back and what happens to the servo plate? Also if you hinge pins work themselves out on the upper arms they can interfere with the steering drag link. I don't think you can use a rotostart with that setup either.

Latest posts

Members online

Back