RC4WD Trail Finder 2 rtr truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jam Racing 1

HPISF Supporter
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-RC4WD-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I just ordered one of these little trucks, I saw it in magazines for the last couple of years and have been lusting after it since. will be here by the 14th of july so let some scaling begin...... will be tricking it out with some scale stuff over the next months... outta be a nice addition to my fleet of toys.....

Not sure, I do plan on adding a winch and other assorted scaler bits and pieces.... for now I just want it in my hands and do some trail running here in town and then make decisions on which way I want to go, the list of things to do are endless as you may know.... just plan on some enjoyment and having the only one between all my buddies, I can see how green they are now and I don't even have it home yet :lmao:

Jam got bored with his immeasurable fleet again. :D

Good choice though. Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with it!

It got here today, all I have to say is WOW, this thing is one sweet little rig.....

DSCN7676.jpg

DSCN7678.jpg

DSCN7679.jpg

DSCN7684.jpg

DSCN7685.jpg

DSCN7683.jpg

DSCN7682.jpg

DSCN7677.jpg

DSCN7680.jpg

this lil rig is almost all metal, alloy motor mount that looks like a real bellhousing, all alloy transfer case, aluminum powder coated frame, scale shocks that are internally sprung and oil filled, the axle housings are metal with steel gears inside, i am stoked to run it, battery is on charging now.....
Let the scaling adventures begin......

DSCN7689.jpg

DSCN7690.jpg

DSCN7691.jpg

DSCN7693.jpg

DSCN7695.jpg

DSCN7692.jpg

Ran it around the yard a bit earlier, it is not that fast but with both diffs locked it will climb just about anything.....
I already bought some used steel bumpers to replace the plastic ones front and rear, got em used off a guy on the TF2 page on facebook for a song (20 bux shipped) so I couldnt pass them up.....
Got my :eyes: on a light kit for next month to light it up. it already has all the needed holes and things so thats a natural, also have a real warn winch in my E Bay watch list so I may get them both in one buy......
So far I am impressed with this little rig.... keep your :eyes: peeled for upgrades, this is gonna be alot of fun........

I had it out today over at the water park, lots of fullsized ruts and stuff to drive over around and thru. little truck did great, goes anywhere you can think of and looks so sweet crawling over things......
My son and his wife came along with their redcat everest 10 crawlers and it did everything theirs did so all in all I am loving this little rig. bonus is nobody else has one here that I know of... :D

Sounds fun i just had out my jump shot sc getting out big brother flux hp savage. Maybe one day I'll get into the crawling scene looks like so much fun!

Crawling is a addicting hobby. The tf2 is a great truck, been thinking of getting a Rc4wd truck myself.

The mods are endless with crawlers. I just made some inner fenders for my wraith out of window washer jugs lol

IMG_20170701_155025108.jpg

I pulled off the bumpers off the front and rear, it does work much better, also got a full set of tires from PitBull tires, I used the stock foams off the mud thrasher tires, it gives the tire an aired down look and allows them to compress and grab to pull the truck over obstacles and rocks....

DSCN2239.JPG DSCN2240.JPG DSCN2241.JPG DSCN2243.JPG DSCN2244.JPG DSCN2246.JPG

Went on a crawl with a few of the local guys, Had a GOOD time, the Little TF2 gave a good showing over some very rough terrain....

DSCN2260.JPG DSCN2270.JPG DSCN2292.JPG DSCN2337.JPG DSCN2378.JPG DSCN2360.JPG DSCN2378.JPG

After taking out the truck I found the stock servo to be lacking quite a bit, so today I installed a new 200 oz in servo MG 996 certainly has much better speed, I also lost a few of the lug nuts recently and ordered 30 of the 2mm aluminum Nylock nuts for them, they will hold tighter and will not come off, bonus is they come in colors so I got them in red.....

DSCN2466.JPG

Spent most of this rainy day doing some of the popular mods to the little rig, watched some youtube vids and did the "chino" mod to the spring eyes, basically just tapering the eyes for the shackle mounts so the springs flex a bit easier by letting the springs move a bit on the shackle pins, I also removed one leaf from the spring packs ("o ring mod") and added a small piece of fuel tubing and washers to the springs to allow a bit more flex to the leaf springs and removed the spring inside the shocks and mounted them upside down for a more scale look to them, the main mod i did was to lower the motor down between the frame rails to lower the CG quite alot, so it shouldn't roll off sidehills quite as bad as before....
had to cut a few things like the crossmember for the servo mounting and mount the servo underneath the mounts so it would clear the steering linkages, none of the mods were difficult, just used my trusty dremel and a cutting wheel to cut the needed bits, while I had it apart I greased all the axle gears, transmission gears and transfer case gears, they were dry as a bone from the factory...

all in all a productive day since it is raining out and I had some time....

DSCN7690.JPG DSCN2497.JPG DSCN2495.JPG DSCN2491.JPG DSCN2492.JPG

Too bad they don't spline the solid axle mounts, so you could rotate the axle so the u-joints line up a bit better. Surprised they don't angle them up a bit to help remove some excess shear force.

Well after owning this little rig a few months I think the red molded body just has to go, so I am tearing it all down removing all the lights and getting ready to prime and paint, going with a darker blue color and once it is dry I will be weathering it to look like it has been sitting outside for years....

DSCN2516.JPG DSCN2517.JPG DSCN2518.JPG DSCN2519.JPG DSCN2520.JPG DSCN2521.JPG DSCN2522.JPG DSCN2523.JPG

All sanded and tackclothed down, gonna be priming gray today and letting it sit to dry well, then on to the final blue color.. made myself a little booth today out of a cardboard box and some newspaper....

DSCN2524.JPG DSCN2525.JPG DSCN2526.JPG DSCN2527.JPG DSCN2528.JPG DSCN2529.JPG DSCN2530.JPG DSCN2532.JPG

Ok now is all in gray primer, now to let it dry a couple days before applying the blue paint..... The booth worked pretty well for spraying it down.....

DSCN2534.JPG DSCN2535.JPG DSCN2536.JPG DSCN2537.JPG DSCN2539.JPG DSCN2540.JPG DSCN2541.JPG

Looks very good. I have always wanted one, they are pretty slick. I just feel i would never use one enough to justify the cost . The upgrades for them are crazy, so much you can do to them.

Well last night was up late, wife and kids are visiting family in the valley and I had primed the body, it was all dry so I decided to lay on the color, I used satin blue krylon, didn't really want a shiny new looking body and have decided to just let the trails do the work of weathering the body instead of doing more work to this one.... all in all I am pretty happy with the results of the job....

DSCN2542.JPG DSCN2543.JPG DSCN2544.JPG DSCN2545.JPG DSCN2546.JPG DSCN2547.JPG DSCN2548.JPG

Now to let the paint cure a week or so before installing all the accessories and the light kit....

I slipped in the grille and bed to show how it will look when is all bolted together.....DSCN2551.JPG DSCN2552.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Back