RAMtech-Shane and his AON Brushless Mini-LST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAMTech-RC

Here is my review of the Mini-LST. The stock motors and battery only get the truck moving to 16mph. Compared to my RC18T with a mini-reedy, that is almost laughable. So, onto bigger and better. This Mini-LST will become my basher, for hill climbs and gravel pits and general fooling around with the nitro bashers. Top speed isn't my concern, torque and power is what I'm after.

MLST1.JPG

First, I took out the stock motors and motor plate, then the stock controller. While I had some free room, I cut out a slot for the Mamba switch.

I installed the AON Electric brushless motor - Model T2415-4900 (4900 KV). And a Castle Creations Mamba 25 controller, with the Cstle link USB programmer. I also installed the Country Allow Works brushless motor plate from e-bay.

MLST4.JPG

MLST5.JPG

MLST6.JPG

I found the Castle Creations Castelink software to be very easy to program. My first runs were with most of the safest setting. Proportional brake with reverse lockout, LiPo autodetect, and a soft start for take-off.

I am using several different LiPo batteries, since I have a few from RC planes.
First try was the E-tec 1200 2S. No cogging, and plenty of excelleration and speed. Suprised the top speed was only 18mph on the GPS. Torque seemed much better going up hills.
Second battery was a 1050 3S. Fit a little tight in there, but that was due to velcro that holds the battery to my plane. Big difference in acceleration, and top speed jumped to 26mph. No problems with the motor getting hot, but this wasn't racing. I will probably try the TP 1320 3S, that fit in perfect. The TP 2000 also fit, but only at an angle. Probably not good for my bashing truck.

I would recommend the AON 4900 for those looking for a very good bashing motor. Cost is in the lower range compared to other systems, but this definitely isn't a cheapo system. The quality of the motor is excellent, and you can actually re-build the internals. The mamba software is excellent as well, so this should be a good combination for me.

I look forward to better ball cups, metal gears, ball diffs, 1/10 axle adapters, and a few aluminum suspension parts. Other than that, it should be a great truck.

Here is a Movie of the Action:

MLST-Day1

After this movie, I installed the MIP Mini-T ball Diff. I must have installed it wrong,a nd ti kept coming loose. I then decided to tighten it really hard, and broke the screw and nut!!!

Why just not use the Mamba motor?. I just got a mini-lst and was thinking of taking my mamba system out of my mini inferno and putting in my mini lst. Do you think is a bad idea?

The mamba is a good motor as well. I'm a team driver for AON Electric, so I get a good deal.

i think the AON's have more torque then the mamba motor's. Which is needed for the bigger truck... a mamba 5400 or 6800 might work as well.. not sure cuz i don't have first hand experience with a BL in my mlst. truck looks good man.

mikey5003 said:
Why just not use the Mamba motor?. I just got a mini-lst and was thinking of taking my mamba system out of my mini inferno and putting in my mini lst. Do you think is a bad idea?
I bought a mini-inferno st for my little cousin a few weeks ago and we want a second 1/16-1/18 scale E-car for racing the backyard together.
which car is better in terms of quality and durability, the mini-LST or the mini-inferno.
I`m gonna pick-up the second car tomorrow and because you own both I thought you`re the person to ask.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back