Radar Guns??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE PIPER

TIME TO PAY THE PIPER
:beer: Hey there, I'm looking to buy a radar gun over the weekend. I seen the Hotwheels gun but it looks very cheep. The one I'm thinking of is bushwell II. Anyone out there have one and does it work for you? You can get $$$$ crazy with some of the hi end ones. Let me know Cheers!!

Well, it claims to be accurate +/-1mph, my question is how to check the accuracy. On the cop cars we used tuning forks. I guess you could always time your friend going down the road! I'd say if your willing to spend the money, Bushnell is a good company. Unless your'e going for a world record, it should be good enough to get a pretty goood idea of how fast something is going.

I want one. My friend bought the hotwheels gun and it was useless. It wouldn't work once the cars got over 30km/h. That bushnell one looks good. I want one.

Radar

Well, it claims to be accurate +/-1mph, my question is how to check the accuracy. On the cop cars we used tuning forks. I guess you could always time your friend going down the road! I'd say if your willing to spend the money, Bushnell is a good company. Unless your'e going for a world record, it should be good enough to get a pretty goood idea of how fast something is going.
Hey guys just got back from Vegas today. I went ahead and bought the bushnell radar gun just under $100. I'll let you know how accurate it is. Cheers!!:cheers:

Roommate just got one off ebay for $60 +shipping I believe.

there is a calculation you can do so you don't need a radar gun

somethign with 100 feet you time ur truck and make sure its at full speed before the 100 feet time it then do a math equation i forget. its pretty spot on i used it for a science project back in the day

there is a calculation you can do so you don't need a radar gun

somethign with 100 feet you time ur truck and make sure its at full speed before the 100 feet time it then do a math equation i forget. its pretty spot on i used it for a science project back in the day
I haven't got the gun out yet just because Its been sooo cold out here. I have tryed it out just on cars on the road and it look accurate but I'll have to wait for the savage. Its stripped for the winter. As for the math if you can find out how to do it I'm game to try it out. Oh ya my math sucks. Let us know Cheers!!:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Or........Use your wife's GPS and strap it to your truck. WOOOT.

I did it with my HPI Nitro Racer...42 mph by the way. It does add some wieght and huge paranoia of crashing and breaking it. I wrapped it in foam and rubber banded it to the truck.

I am planning on checking my Savage the same way when the weather breaks....my gaol is 50mph but my rig weighs 13lbs.....:Mr.confused:

We will see.

We should start a speed thread with everyones top speeds and how they measured them.

Good luck with the Radar guns. Bushnell makes good stuff.

sorry I didn't update that I forgot. But the Brunell is excellent! it stays close to the readings all the time I hit 55KPH on my Axial 32 ad the reading was 1 or 2 KPH away all the time. The pain in the #$#%@$ part is holding it then driving it. U can strap a elastic around it then put it on the ground but the readings tend to very getting someone to hold it is better. I live next door to a school so kids are lineing up to hold the radar lol. Great unit works great for our RC's get it buddy Cheers!!:beer:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back