Race Saturday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZtiD

Got a big MT club race this weekend. I was running with the truggies but they finally got enough people with MT's to allow a race. There a couple REVOS and TMAXX's out there i have the track down where i don't wreck often, I'm running dish LPR's with proline caliber VTR's witch hook up nicely, also took the preload clips off added 40WT oil and uses about 1/4 fuel tubing mod into the shocks to help the droop and lower the truck. also added rear wing it seemed to help the front end diving down on the jumps. over all i think i have it decently set-up for the track. any racers have any tips or adjustments i could try for the race?

IMG_0074.jpg

hpisfgreen

I don't have any race tips to offer but looking at this picture, the very front shock is in need of the spring base seated properly. ;)

Get rid of two front shocks and shave the knuckles for more steering. There are plenty of tutorials around here on it. Put a zip tie around those bumper braces to keep them from spreading and letting the hinge pins come out. It does not have to be tight just enough to keep them from spreading too much. Good luck and show those Revos now mercy and remember if you hit them they break lol.

its smart to put washers under the screws on your tie rods to keep them from popping off of the balls leaving your front wheels going all over the place :D

Washers under the screw heads for the turnbuckles.
Zipties on bumper mounts
You can run one front shock for now but you will be better off to get some HPI Big Bore shocks.
I also tried out the HPI sway bar kit this year and its really good at lowering the truck without having to add fuel line to the shock rods. Then if I want to bash I just have to loosen 4 grub screws and it raises right up to full height.
Have you done a throttle mod?

yeah i put the washers under the turnbuckles, and added a zip tie to hold the bumper together so the hinge pins don't slide. on my christmas list is the alumn big bore shocks. and a stronger steering servo.

the throttle mod i have not done yet. i have seen the mod but what exactly does it help with?

The throttle mod does away with the half ### stock HPI servo horn with the spring in it. What that spring does is not allow you to get full throws from your servo. With the stock setup I couldn't get the carb to open to 100% or the brakes to work work a darn.

By eliminating that arm and running a solid arm with your own slides and stops you can set the exact amount of carb movement you want and precisely control the amount of force applied to the brakes when stopping.

When set up right as good throttle mod is very good upgrade.

5th out of sixteen, wasn't to bad a thought. With the run of problems I faced. Broke three shock shafts ran one race with no front suspension. Lost my throttle servo at the end of the second race. But pulled through the third and got starting position 8th and finished 5th overall. I did order my big bore shocks today to rid my stockers of the embarrassment of giving up on me.
http://www.rchqonline.com/results/112010/R4_Race_04_Monster%20Truck_A-Main.html

Well done mate, specially with no front suspension :drummer:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back