R.i.p. 6/27/2010

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrug_eetFiM&feature=youtu.be

THE STORY.
my first qualifier was about to start, i took exactly 2 laps with the buggy. its was a speeding bullet i tell you lol! well it came time to check in with my transponder, i got about 5 ft from the coil when the thing came to a complete stop. i tryed giving it some throttle a few times and go nothing. i ran down the the buggy when i hear "crunchy" gears to where it sounded like a rock was stuck between the pinion and center diff, but i look and there was nothing. i then tried giving throttle again, i would get about 1/4 rotation out of the motor when it would seize up. i tired it one more time and it seemed to free up and hit about half throttle when it came to another complete stop, i tried one last time with the throttle and that's when flames came pouring out the top of the speedo. i thru the buggy on the ground and first thing that poped in my mind was to get the battery's out, so i did.
at this time I'm really not sure of the cause. i thought it was the motor but i opened it and it seems fine.

should be covered under warranty. i managed to rip the batterys out of the buggy so all the heat didnt get to them. they took a charge perfect and seem to be just fine. i contacted castle and they said to sent the speedo in. (its less then 2.5 months old) handfull of runs.
motor has 2 runs on it, contacted tekin, they said to open it and see if the magnets pulled from the rotor. they looked fine so it seems it was all the esc..

I am not sure, but I think Tominator had the Ve8.

I did have a MMM ESC go bad on me. I hit a jump got some good air, landed it and then it started acting wierd. I sent it back and they said a soldering joint went bad and they replaced the Motor and ESC.

Chassis is perfect, looks like nothing even happened. I think the type of solder and how hot the esc got had something to do with it. The melting point on the solder I used was low so it desoldered before the esc had a total meltdown. The fire only lasted about 3-4 seconds. I'm sure if I used solder with a higher melting point the batts would of stayed connected and it would of burned to the ground. That also helped me get the batterys out ultra fast as they were totally disconected since every wire desoldered.

need to get to the bottom of this seeing how i just bought the 1900kV and RX8 caz you told me to....
:hungry frog:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back