Quick Paint Tip For "New To Air Brush"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark Mantis

Some Of You Folks Are New To Painting RC Bodies. Some People Use Rattle Cans And Some Use An Air Brush. Most Of Us Paint The RC Body On The Inside "That IS The Correct Side" Some On The Outside. If The Body Comes Out Not Just Right We Have To Remove The Paint And Start All Over.
I Have Found A Way To Save The Pain Of The "Oops Affect" If I Am Trying Something New, As In A New Affect Such As Marble Or A Fade Or Evan Lightning To A Tear Away.
Cut A Soda Bottle In Half The Long Way. Now You Have Two "Much Like" Bodies To Try Any Paint Trick On It Until You Master That Trick. And You Get To Drink Soda! The 3 Liter Bottles Work Well.
I Just Had To Post This As I Just Received A Grave Robber Body From My Wife. She Wants Me To Go Way Over The Top With This Paint Job. I Will Post A Pic Or Two As Soon As I Can.

P1010068.JPG
Like I Said, The Wife Wants This Grave Robber Body Over The Top. Just A Pick Of The Size LED's I Will be Using.
Just To The Right Of The LED You All Are Used To Is A BIG SMT LED. Just Under The ZD Is A Mid Size Led, Under The Black Stripe.
This Body Will Have Head Lights, Working Brake Lights And Working Blinkers.

Quite the random bunch of parts there. Hopfully you have an LCR meter sitting around, otherwise those caps are useless since you'll have no clue what value they are.

As to your soda bottle recommendation, many will agree. It is a very common practice tool.

I Did Not Mean To Be "Snarky" But It Is A Tip I Wish I Learned Before I Killed A Body Or Two And I Did Not See This Tip In The Forum That Is Why It's Marked As "New To" And Not "All Painters"!
I Will Do A Separate Post Of The Progress On The Grave Robber Body That Will Most Likely Include Some Of The "Try This First" Things. Such As The Light Buckets For The Headlights And Maybe How I Do The Blinkers And Brake Lights. Can I Say Micro-Switch?
Sub-Micro-Switch, J/k Flip Flop, Fiber Optic And Hydro-Dip? This And More Just Might Go Into This Body.
Stay Tuned. Same Bat Chanel, Same Bat Time!

Latest posts

Members online

Back