Questions on new motor & pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikesavage

I am going to be getting a new motor and was thinking about a pipe also. I want at least a .32 What’s the best motor out there for the money around $250 and a pipe around or less than $150 that will be better than stock. I was thinking about that new axial .32RR-1 motor that just came out but I have been reading that axial motors are best to stay away from? Or do a picco, ofna, os or?????? Thanks for the input.

Why a .32+ engine?

If i had that kinda money to spend on an engine and pipe id go for the Extreme drag modded Picco P3 and a Macs pipe.

Yep I agree. Why a .32? You will get more power out of a .28 anyways. Anything over a .30 gets all torque and no top end.

yes i have to agree you will be alot happier with a 28 and good pipe then you will ever be with a 32.......

I'm with jimmy & lyle, a lrp .28, lrp .30, or picco .28 & a ofna or dynamite 086 pipe.

I didnt know that about the .32 maybe I will stay with a .28 Who is a good supplier to get that stuff from? Also whats the better motor of the 2 and who can do the port and polishing the right way and how much more does it cost? Also can I still use the stock header pipe or does the 086 come with it?

i think thats a bump start mill only so no go for a savy.... as for the better of the lrp and picco.... the lrp is better stock than the picco.... but modded the picco is the meaner beast...and ide hit up robin pure nitro.. rcmods for the modding of it ... he might even have some hes ready to sale idk..

There will be a couple in stock in the near future at the SMF store.

Not to sure about the bump start but I had the roto-start on my savage would that work? Basicly what I'm lookin for is a fast snappy motor that is a good motor not a waste of money and easy to tune.

I agree with Max on this, the LRP is probably your best bet, it would be my second choice for the price range.

Picco lol, for around $200 you get an engine that has a piston CNC machined from billet high percentage silicone alloy, swiss quality ball bearings, superior porting, strong beefy rod, extremely tough block and the list goes on. That right there will give you almost twice the lifespan of most engines in the same price range. Some people say that a LRP is faster stock for stock but there are also sport engines that end up with wild timing numbers right out of the box, I have seen three axial cranks sitting side by side and every one had different timing. Comparing the lowest timed crank to the highest while running in a truck, you would easly see a substantial difference in performance, a lot of different engines suffer from this same issue. It's kind of a gamble you take buying any engine under $400, you could get a good running mill, or a freak of nature lol. It's going on six years that I have been running land based picco's (as well as many others) and they are just very hard to beat all around.

nice!!!! i never had a picco cause heard so many horror stories on the carb probs and milling in um ... but might be intrested in one now for sure....actually wanting a modded one thats been tested and proven ,,lol eventually itll be one of yours ...maybe on my full cf build,,,,thx for the lil insight to the picco....

yep i guess its a choice between the picco or the lrp... youll be very happy with either one I'm sure...i run the lrp.. but going to get a modded picco next so... just pick one and don't look back ...both nice power house mills...

Picco lol, for around $200 you get an engine that has a piston CNC machined from billet high percentage silicone alloy, swiss quality ball bearings, superior porting, strong beefy rod, extremely tough block and the list goes on. That right there will give you almost twice the lifespan of most engines in the same price range. Some people say that a LRP is faster stock for stock but there are also sport engines that end up with wild timing numbers right out of the box, I have seen three axial cranks sitting side by side and every one had different timing. Comparing the lowest timed crank to the highest while running in a truck, you would easly see a substantial difference in performance, a lot of different engines suffer from this same issue. It's kind of a gamble you take buying any engine under $400, you could get a good running mill, or a freak of nature lol. It's going on six years that I have been running land based picco's (as well as many others) and they are just very hard to beat all around.

Great stuff Pure

Latest posts

Members online

Back