question about mid tank mods and extended chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teamnola

I have 2 questions that might be dumb to some of you so go easy on me! haha

1. What is the deal with the mid tank mod? Like what are the benefits of doing that besides the look.

2. What is the deal with the extended chassis? Does that help with trying to keep the front end down?

2-pretty much, also allows a more stable truck in the air, at the loss of some turing radius. also usually moves the front 6mm and the rear 1" out, to give a better centre of gravity (i know there's various lenghts/combinations, i went for the easy one! ;))

1- the obvious-tank is out the way of rocks and suff when bashing. also some people claim to have a mid tank lean issue, where the exhaust volume is over a large area of fuel, then when the fuel reaches the shelf in the tank, it exerts a greater pressure, due to the smaller surface area. a lot of different tanks can be used, see some of jt's projects in the members project bit on the main forum. i didn't have a mid tank issue, so i put the stock tank in the middle, as i think it looks cool and balences out the truck, imo...

[hs] darkshine;16086 said:
also usually moves the front 6mm and the rear 1" out

which EXT chassis moves the front?? both my FLM extended, and my Truckzilla chassis move the rear only...wasn't aware that any moved the front as well...

lowering the centre gearbox will lengthen the chassis in both directions if uxing stock dogbones as they lie more horizontal, so the diffs have to be further from the gearbox.

HS how you explain that sounds correct, thus should it not be half tank rich?

from irc:

TVP Specs:-
12mm lowered on Engine & Gearbox.
Extra clearance for bigger flywheels.
6mm extended at front for rear dog bone to be mounted.
Countersunk the two screw holes hidden by roll bar due to lowering, so no drilling or modding roll bar or TVPs after buying them.
also added two taped M3 screw holes for roll bar screws for that extra needed solid fixing of roll bar when bashing.
Also included are M3 countersunk screws from mounting roll bar and screw holes behind the roll bar for radio box.

web linky here

the rich sounds more like it, unless i'm thinking wrong with regard to pressure....
anyways i don't have the issue, so you lot battle it out!!!!

[hs] darkshine;16099 said:
6mm extended at front for rear dog bone to be mounted.

they extend the front so the rear dogbone can be mounted?? sorry, I'm confused now...LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Back