Put To Bed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guinnessdublin

Just out of general interest what do you guys do with your trucks over the winter, do you put after run in,clean them up & store away for winter like me?
Or just keep them out ready for action all year round?

Honestly I have not even started my nitro rig in about 3 years, but yes I clean them after use, give the engine some after run oil and put them on their assigned places on the shelf....
I keep my electrics ready to go because we run races even in cold wet weather.... unless it is pouring then I stay in and play with the 1/24 and 1/18 stuff in the living room.....

Also from Florida and run all my trucks in the “winter” time. But during the summer when it’s the surface of the sun, I just put the pistons at the bottom and let them be until “winter” time

I live up on the Frozen Tundra (North Dakota) I have only one engine I run during winter (OS-30VG) its been a little bear at -25 in 2ft snow. I wrap it good with sock and aluminum foil to help it keep temperature. otherwise none of my other nitros have been run during winter ( LRP .32, Picco P3, Novarossi P7) I Don't really clean them anymore as they don't get run often, about the only thing I do for storage is empty fuel tank( light destroys nitro) and bottom center them and maybe blow them off with aircompressor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back