Pull start/Engine question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leigh

I have a consern about the noise my savage 25 makes when i pull the start cord,
if i unscrew the glow plug and then pull the start cord every thing feels and sounds good,

Then if i tighten up the glow plug and pull the cord it seems alot harder to pull and makes a knocking sound, sounds like the piston hitting the glow plug or head sink.

The car still starts and when it does every thing if fine,

so is this normal or is there something wrong.

I did replace the pull start today with a new one and nothing changed,

I dought that the Piston is hitting the Glow plug as the glow plug is up in a concaved hole in the head button. Check your head screws make sure everything is tight. I'm not sure what else it can be. If possable can you get a good vid of it and post this. It may be easier to understand the sound at that point.

Hi, thxs for the reply, i have made a couple of clips but how do i post them on this site??

To post them on the site you will need to upload it to your computer and then upload them to a site such as photobucket, youtube, google, or any other video hosting sites. Then once you get it uploaded you will give us the link to the video so we can watch it.

Also the reason that it is harden to pull when the glo plug is loose is because it relieves some of the pressure and drops the compression down, thus making it easier to start but once it start you need to tighten it back up again. Also the sounds you may be hearing is the motor firing? Just a thought.

If you want I can take a vid of me pulling the cord on my truck and post up so you can see what it sounds like.

The truck is 2nd hand and its my first rc nitro truck, ive had it 2-3weeks now and I'm sure when i first useded it it wasnt that hard to pull the start cord.

if ya don't mind posting the clip of u starting you savage hpi_savage25 that would be great,

ive tried posting my clips i placed on you tube but the post dosnt show after i click post reply.

Yep I will go get a vid real quick, it sounds good to me, I will listen more closely in just a min. Did you start your truck in the house??

Ok I got the video, just waiting on it to upload.

I think what you are hearing is normal. There is a little pin with a spring on the end of the crankshaft that makes a clicking sound.
Welcome to the forum!

Dave

Looks normal, I wouldnt worrie about it. It also could be partly that the truck seems to be on the brinks of flooding. Looks fine thought bud.

I don't know, It doesn't really sound like an internal engine noise. it almost sounds like something else is rattling. maybe you could check your gear mesh between your spur gear and your clutch bell. maybe when its turning over the gears are lashing really bad and its making that sound. just a thought.

Latest posts

Members online

Back