Proline Belted Badlands on Savage Flux HP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Colongioli

IMG_1602.JPGIMG_1603.JPGIMG_1604.JPGIMG_1605.JPG

New Proline Belted Badlands on my Flux, a lot heavier than stock. Never had an issue on 4s with diffs as i do not bash that hard but gone through 2 now with these guys on it haha.....Looking at options here for a little more durability like the center diff and upgraded spider gears ( thats whats blowing ) we shall see, any tips/advice is appreciated. It lands a lot softer now though the tires are great that way, and love the handling, was the look i wanted too !

Those look mean!

I run the trencher 3.8's on mine. I like the traction, softer landings and long life I get out of them since I run on concrete a lot. I run a super 5SC trans with center diff in mine with 750K oil in it. 6S with MMX/2200kv, 16/48 gearing. Really need to gear a bit lower yet... don't drive it much. I wrapped my trenchers with 3mm kevlar cored string. Seems to hold up well. They are still heavy tires, but not as heavy as the belted's.

I was surprised to find that the traxxas talon ext's are heavier than my trenchers!

Looks very good. How are they holding up? Pro-line is worried about them ballooning and ripping the belting. Have you had that concern?

I haven't been able to run it long enough to test.....keep blowing rear diff. I am now waiting for new gears again ( upgraded to the "hard" version ) will see if it helps. They are heavy....really really heavy. I didnt notice until later that the wheel hubs bottomed out on the carriers and they melted down, resulting in play, that resulted in my hex's stripping.....pretty cheap it seems....but it was my fault not catching that. So far its been a struggle but mostly due to user error I'm sure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back