Project Malicious Intent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBurninator

A bit more Savage than HPI expected...
Messed Up Beyond All Recognition

Hello,

As you are all well aware, I recently posted a thread telling about me building a savage for an unfortunate friend of mine, but was rejected outright by the parentals. So here I am, with a ghetto Savage .25 and enough sand to rebuild new orleans.

Here are the pics of the taken apart, rebuilt, cleaned, and renamed Fubar 2.0 in all it's ghetto-y goodness!

I will be adding more pics as more parts are bought and replaced. We'll see what we can do with this sandy beast!

dscf2064dh9.jpg

dscf2066sg0.jpg

dscf2067au6.jpg

dscf2068qb4.jpg

dscf2069md7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
it's just a weird spring, but the shock isn't bent. And yeah, tell me about it...

Well with Komodo's help it should be a looker by the end of this week :)

well technically it doesn't run... yet.. I still don't have a motor or receiver, let alone any other parts i need.

I am, I sent the engines out to Komodo and I'm just awaiting his part's return. And I did buy a few parts at the LHS that he wouldn't be including such as complete spur assembly, brake pads and a tuned pipe for the .25 he's giving me. I'm still in need of a radio box and some linkage though, if anyone has that. I'll post it in the wanted section.

Ok, I think it's time for a Parts tally:

From LHS:
-Front and Rear bumper
-Extended body mount (just in case)
-Random tree of helpful plastic parts
-Brake hub
-Brake pads
-Brake camshaft and piston
-Spur gear w/ slipper pad
-Slipper clutch back plate and pin
---
Total= $44.65

Received Status-Durr...

-------------------------------

From Komodo:
-New rear differential case and bulkead
-New TVP's
-Basically any stock plastic parts any of you have laying around
-Set of 4 tires on rims (like new)
-Stock throttle/brake linkage and tower (not sure what you mean by tower though)
-Front and rear bumpers
-Body mounts
-Nitro Star .25
---
Traded:
New H.B. .46
Used/Damaged Collari .32

Received Status: Shipped my end, awaiting his.

---------------------------------------
From LarsenRacing
-Savage X TVP's
-RPM Skid Plate
-.25 Fuel Tank
-Throttle/Brake linkage
-On/Off switch
-Sav. .25 Radio Box
-=-=-=-=-=
Platinum Products
Low CG TVP's in CF with center skid
CF roll bar
CF motor mount
---
Total= $227.20

Received status: RECEIVED!!

------------------------
From SDmorris
Radio box
Radio system
Linkage
---
Total= ?

Received Status: Not yet
------------------------
From HPISF-POLICE

Set of 8 stock shocks
$20 to me :)
---
Traded: 8 Integy Piggybacks

---------------------------------------------------
Grand Total= $64.65 so far

Received Status: Payment Sent, awaiting shipment

More hopefully added later!

I am, I sent the engines out to Komodo and I'm just awaiting his part's return. And I did buy a few parts at the LHS that he wouldn't be including such as complete spur assembly, brake pads and a tuned pipe for the .25 he's giving me. I'm still in need of a radio box and some linkage though, if anyone has that. I'll post it in the wanted section.

Alrighty, cool. I have the radio box, radio, and I'm pretty sure I can have the linkage covered.

Sure, might have to give me a few days because there are still a few things I need to ship out for people.

oh no prob, take your time :)

Here are some updated pics thanks to the LHS and Larsen for shipping stuff out to me :)

dscf2087gf1.jpg

dscf2088dz6.jpg

dscf2089ja5.jpg

dscf2090qd3.jpg

dscf2091if6.jpg

:resp:

yeah but they're a little torn, and one doesn't have foam

More pics since I know you guys love 'em so much :)

added: Header, new rear bulkheads, body clips on all that need it, zip ties and fuel line, as well as air cleaner, RPM skidplate, and new wheel nuts (others were stripped out)

dscf2112ma4.jpg

dscf2113na3.jpg

dscf2114jh5.jpg

dscf2115ee9.jpg

dscf2116br7.jpg

More to come soon! Enjoy!

I believe so Jest, on the engine, ask Komodo, he put it together.. lol

The pipe is a FEMCA-0515 whateva that is... lol

nope, it's not a 4.6 head bud...it's an aftermarket I picked up about a year ago, and never used...I don't remember the brand...might have been a "bad horsie" or something along those lines...courtesy of 'da 'Bay :D

have you fired it up yet Burn? I definately wanna see vids myself...

also, you may want to get the other half of the bumper mounts (the ones that go from the bumper to the bulkheads)...just noticed that they seem to be missing...otherwise front and rear impacts may cause some "ill-effects"...

Yeah I realized that, I'm breaking it in tomorrow, because Police's shocks came in lol. I'll just try not to run into anything for now... lol

Latest posts

Back